Welcome to your future, now!
Take hold of your FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE today with the Alamo Academies. The Alamo Academies, an innovative training and educational partnership, provide education, experience and job opportunities for high school students seeking to jump-start their futures and make a seamless transition from high school to college and/or to the workplace. Qualified students receive training in HIGH-WAGE demand occupations during their junior and senior years of high school. You earn one year of college credits FREE and participate in a paid internship introducing you to careers in key local industries. Participating employers benefit through access to a continuous pipeline of skilled entry-level workers trained to their specifications.
This program was designed so that you remain enrolled in your home high school. During your junior and senior years you take approximately half of your classes at your high school and the remainder at the Alamo Colleges. You retain your UIL eligibility and may participate in extra-curricular athletic or academic activities if desired. The academy program provides enough flexibility to offer its programs in the morning or afternoon according to the needs of your high school.
Graduates from the two-year program earn 31-34 college semester hours at no personal cost. You earn a Level I Certificate of Completion through the Alamo Colleges along with your high school diploma.
Why you should join the Alamo Academies?
- Obtain your freedom and independence
- Achieve the career you want in the Global Marketplace Today!
- An approximate $6000-$10,000 Scholarship while still in high school
- Paid Internships offer hands on work experience
- Earn over $2,500 during your summer internship at companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Toyota, ITM, Rackspace, CPS Energy, AT&T, SWBC, Methodist Healthcare System and the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa system
- High Tech education and skills for the 21st Century
- Earn 31-34 free college credit hours before you graduate from high school- You don't pay anything!
- Your resume will stand out from the crowd-our graduates earned over $1 Million in scholarships the last few years
- Start a high tech well paid career after graduation or continue to a 2 or 4 year degree
- After high school, our graduates earn an average starting pay over $30,000.