CHARGES TO THE CHANCELLOR 2015-16
The Alamo Colleges Board of Trustees in its commitment to promoting student success has endorsed and directed the chancellor to pursue the following CHARGES to continue the attainment of the goal to move from "good to great".
In previous CHARGES to the chancellor, the Board of Trustees has been ambitious and urgent in the implementation of many initiatives to achieve student success. Those initiatives are underway and must be maintained. The Board of Trustees remains resolved that any initiative must be brought to scale in order to have maximum result and return on investment to our students and our taxpayers.
The CHARGES are as follows:
- Structure and recommend a General Obligations bond for consideration for the 2016-17 timeframe.
- Address the expectation of the Mayor, County Judge and the SA-TEC board in co-leading with the Chamber of Commerce in the effort to develop a vision and plan to address the workforce needs of our city and county.
- Implement and complete the development of the District Support Building.
- Expand the Alamo ENGAGE model to include faculty development and inclusion in decision-making.
- Utilize 4dx to promote and enhance the achievements garnered in graduation and completion.
- Pursue and bring recommendations to the board regarding the direction of the on-line potential for programming and revenue. Of interest to the board is the development of an on-line campus model such as implemented in the Maricopa system in the state of Arizona.
- Develop a system of metrics that can determine "intent" which can lead to a more rigorous disaggregation of data with the expectation that the system will more accurately quantify student successes that are achieved within the Alamo Colleges.
- Continue to reduce the cost of educational materials.
The Board of Trustees believes that given the achievements garnered by the Chancellor, staff and faculty in previous years, the Alamo Colleges will continue to lead the state and nation in the effort to promote student success.