The Virtual College of Texas (VCT) is a consortium of community colleges that work together to provide online learning opportunities for college students in Texas. The VCT's model involves three parties: the student, the student's home school (the 'host'), and the school where the course originates (the 'provider'). Here's how it works: community colleges across Texas provide courses online. SAC Online is a provider college for VCT. Through VCT, students may take courses from colleges anywhere in Texas while getting support services from a local college.
San Antonio College’s involvement in the VCT is in the role of a provider college. As a provider college SAC Online will:
- Provides instruction for a variety of courses and defines course content and instructional methodologies;
- Direct all class activities, including assignments and tests and award final grades;
- Establish academic calendar for courses offered through VCT
- Provide online book ordering at the College Book Store.
1. Through VCT, once you complete the registration process, you will receive an E-mail
(SAC VCT Welcome ACES) from our SAC Online VCT Coordinator with instructions
to access your online course.
2. The Online Course will be hosted on our Canvas System. Canvas is our
Learning Management System (LMS). SAC Online uses Canvas for its internet
courses. Using Canvas, a student can view course materials, take tests,
communicate with the instructor and other students over the Internet using only a
web browser such as Mozilla Firefox and possibly a few document viewers and
Several Online Resources are available to help you get familiar with ACES and Blackboard. Select the Online Resources link for more information.
Getting the right browser and setting it up correctly is critical to your success with online coursework. Check your browser here.
For more information about the Virtual College of Texas at San Antonio College as a provider, contact the SAC-VCT Coordinator Raven Puente (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SAC Online office at (210) 486-0030. For technical assistance, contact our San Antonio College Helpdesk at (210) 486-0777 or send us an E-mail message to email@example.com. Our VCT Office at San Antonio College is located at Moody Learning Center (MLC) 712.