Guidelines for Checking Out a Mini Laptop, IPad, or MacBook
The Open Computer Lab is pleased to announce a checkout counter for mini laptops, IPads and Mac Books to students, faculty and staff. They are available for checkout at the Customer Service Desk. Mini Laptops, IPads and Mac Books are only to be used for the purposes of study, work, and research. They do not have printing capability; having a USB or Flash Drive is recommended.
Limit & Availability
- Mini Laptops, IPads and Mac Books can only be checked out by students in presentation of 2 forms of valid identification (Current Student ID and Driver’s License). The IDs will be kept at the service desk until the item is returned.
- Can ONLY be borrowed and used in the Open Lab. They are not to be taken out of the Open Lab for any reason.
- Due to the limitations of such portable devices, no reservations can be made ahead of time. They are to be borrowed on a First Come, First Serve basis.
- Only ONE device could be borrowed per student.
- Mini Laptops, IPads and Mac Books will NOT have any sort of printing capability or software installment. A student must use a desktop computer in the Open Lab to print out documents.
- Mini Laptops, IPads and Mac Books can be borrowed for a max of ONE hour and must be rechecked out.
- USB Ports will be the only source of saving data from the Mini Laptops and Mac Books.
- Mini Laptops, IPads and Mac Books can be borrowed ONLY during business hours.
I have read and understood the guidelines presented above. I understand and accept that I will be held accountable for any damages and/or loss caused to the Mini Laptop, IPad or MacBook.