Located in the Center for Academic Transitions in the Student Center, Career Services provides assistance in the areas of career exploration and job placement. Our services include:
- One-on-One Career Services, including assessment, are available to assist students in matching career goals with academic majors. Other individual services include helping students conduct online job search and job search skills (i.e., resume writing, mock interview, contacting employers, etc.)
- Job Resources, including books, magazines, videos, and Internet access, are available for students to research occupations, salaries, labor market data, employer information, job search processes, and transfer college information.
- Career and Job Fairs, both on- and off-campus, are coordinated annually to allow students the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge on careers and interview for jobs.
- Provide information on Internships within the community to enable students the opportunity to gain valuable experience and potential employment.
Career Planning Assistance
Are you deciding on a major or a career? We can help students ask the right questions, so they can make the best decision.
CSO Interfase - PAC Career Link
This comprehensive software package allows students to upload and update their resumes, search for jobs, sign-up for career development seminars, apply for internships/co-ops, and much more!
Student Log-In: Click Here
Employer Log-In: Click Here
Other Helpful Job Links
In your search for employment the links below could lead you to a great job.
In your search for an internship site the following links can lead you in the right direction.
Prepare yourself to conquer the job market! Optimal Resume allows users to create career materials, practice for interviews and build your own online portfolio. Since the program is web-based, you'll be able to access it from any computer, any time! Click here to sign-up today!
Career services offers books, magazines, videos, and Internet accessibility to students to explore and research occupations' salaries, job outlook, education requirements, and employer information. Take a look at the following links below under career exploration to help you in your search.
Career Exploration Links
Career Interest Inventories
***For access code please contact Lauren Hoffmann at email@example.com or Micky Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Center for Academic Transitions at 210-486-3131 for more information.***
Choosing Your Major
- How to Choose a College Major: This resource from About.com provides great personality quiz to help students on choosing a major.
- What Can I Do With a Major In: This site from North Carolina State University offers a list of majors including, sample occupations, possible work settings, as well as, salary information.
- Major Resource Kit: This site from the University of Delaware profiles a variety of majors. Information includes a general description of the major industry, sample job titles, where one could be employed and additional web links.
- Career Browser: This site is designed to help high school students gain career awareness. It includes a career questionnaire and organizes information about careers by career clusters.
No test exists that can "tell" you what to do with your life. Instead test can be used as tools that will help you better understand your personality or your interest.
Apply for Graduation
- Click here to learn how to apply for graduation using your ACES account
How to Check and Apply for Federal Workstudy
- Go to http://www.alamo.edu (the Alamo District Colleges tabs)
- Select the "quicklinks" tab (located near top of screen on the right)
- Select "jobs" on the Peoplelink webpage.
- From the blue area on the left, select "Search Job Postings."
- From the "Job Category" drop down menu, select "Work Study."
- From the "Location" drop down menu, select "Palo Alto College."
- Click on "Search."
- For more detailed information, click on "View."
- Click on "Apply for this posting" to apply for the position.
Please apply only if you are certain that you qualify for a Work Study position. If you are not sure that you qualify, visit the Student Financial Services Office, Palomino Room 102.
For assistance with the online job application, please visit the Center for Academic Transitions, Student Center Room 101 or call 210-486-3131.