This contract is for the use by all departments requiring moving services. Only furniture, equipment, and materials/supplies which are the property of the Alamo Colleges are to be moved using this contract. Movement of personal or fragile items is the responsibility of the owner and will not be moved by the moving vendor.
||Ward North American (900006290)
||Agustin (Auggie) Espinoza @ 210-655-8623
||Fixed Price - See Chart
||1. Prepare an inventory list of the items to be moved, including an estimated number of moving boxes. All drawers, bookcases, etc., must be unloaded and packed by user department. A rule of thumb for estimating number of boxed needed is a lateral file drawer containing letter size files requires two boxes. A lateral file drawer containing legal files requires three boxes.
2. Department must contact vendor to obtain a written quote based on the inventory. Vendor may wish to visit both the current and future locations.
3. Department must submit requisition for services to be provided (services may not be provided until a purchase order has been issued by Purchasing to the vendor.)
4. Department should allow at least 5 to 7 business days to complete the above steps prior to the projected move date.
1. Boxes containing books, desk contents, files, and other items will be packed by the department.
2. The moving vendor will not remove items, from walls, or disconnect electrical items (computers, faxes, printers, etc.) These must be disconnected by the department.
3. Contact campus Facilities for work order to have bulletin boards removed at old location and installed at new location, if desired.
4. Any furniture item that is un-assembled by the moving vendor will be re-assembled by the moving vendor.
(Note: This contract does not cover disassembly and reassembly of modular furniture. Relocation of modular furniture is to be performed under a seperate contract.)
5. Identify all items to be moved "From" and "To" (exact rooms) with a label.
6. Relocation of rental office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, postage meter, etc.): contact the company who owns the machine to determine the cost to move the equipment. Enter a separate requisition for relocation of this equipment. Verify with the Facilities department that the destination location has proper electrical wiring for the equipment.
7. Office equipment under a maintenance agreement: contact the company who has the contract for maintenance to determine the cost to "make-ready" for move by our moving vendor, or to determine the cost to move the machine by the maintenance vendor (i.e. copier, fax, postage meter, etc.)
8. Department must create a "floor plan" at the destination location showing placement of furniture in room(s). These "floor plans" will be placed on the doors at the new location (by the department), otherwise the mover will place items in the middle of the room at new location.
9. Movement of personal or fragile items is the responsibility of the owner and will not be moved by the moving vendor.
10. Surplus items to be turned into Inventory Control (Asset Transfer Form) must be pre-scheduled with Inventory Control. (Do not include surplus items in the moving inventory list.)
||96256C - Moving Services
||71662 - Moving Services
||August 31, 2013
|| David Gonzales, Senior Purchaser @ 210-485-0115