Submit a Program Evaluation Form
The study abroad office is dedicated to providing a quality study abroad experience for Alamo Colleges students. Your feedback helps us structure our programs in a way that brings value to our students. When you return from abroad, tell us about your international learning experience. Let us know how the program can be improved. Submit your comments and suggestions to the study abroad coordinator using the student survey form. Completed forms may be returned to international student services via email.
Enter the Photo Contest
Each year, the study abroad office holds a photo contest to celebrate student experiences abroad. All photo submissions must be original and taken by the contestant during the study abroad program. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of photographic quality and subject matter. All photos are judged in four categories: people, places, and artistic merit. No professional photos will be accepted.
• Complete a photo contest application
• Email a maximum of two study abroad photographs and your application to the study abroad coordinator
• Photographs must be in one of the following formats: jpeg, bitmap, or gif
• Photograph resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi
• Photographs may be cropped and treated for color enhancement only – no extensive editing, splicing, or manipulating is allowed
• All entries become the property of the Alamo Colleges and may be used by the office of international programs or the Alamo Colleges in the future publications accompanied by proper photo credits
• Submission deadline: August 23, 2013
Selection of Winners
• First, second, and third place winners will be selected in the three categories
• Contest winners will be announced Monday, September 23, 2013.
• Winning photographs will also be posted on the study abroad website and may be used for the study abroad newsletter
• Winning photographs will be displayed November 18-22, 2013 during International Education Week
Get Your Credits
Students participating in an exchange or third party provider program will need to contact the study abroad coordinator upon their return to ensure that course credits are added to their Alamo Colleges transcripts. Faculty-led program credits are automatically transferred to the Alamo Colleges.
Become a Peer Advisor
Word of mouth is the best marketing strategy for increasing knowledge about programs and services. Spread the word about the Alamo Colleges study abroad programs by becoming a peer advisor. Encourage students to participate in study abroad by answering questions about your study abroad experience, attending pre-departure orientations, participating in focus groups, or becoming a study abroad mentor. You may also choose to share your travel experience through other creative means. For more information about peer advising, contact the study abroad coordinator .