How to Apply as a Transfer International Student with an Active F1 Visa
Step 1: International Student Application
Download and print application. Your application must be completed, signed and returned along with all required/requested information.
- Mail all original documents to : Northwest Vista College, International Student Services,Cypress Campus Center, 3535 N. Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX , 78251 USA
Step 2: Apply to Northwest Vista College
Step 3: Financial Documentation
- Complete the financial information in the International Student Application
- Provide a letter from your bank stating you have the equivalent of $24,358.00 U.S. dollars.
- The letter must be dated within 60 days and must be in English.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, the Financial Resource Requirements.
- If you are bringing your spouse or children, you will be required to prove an additional $5,000.00 per dependent.
- Make sure to complete on the International Student Application, Dependent Form.
- A copy of dependent’s Passport will also be required.
- If your Financial Sponsor is a U.S. Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident, you must also complete the USCIS form, I-134 at www.uscis.gov.
Step 4: Official Academic Records (high school and/or college)
- All students will need to submit a transcript of the last school attended. If the high school or college is not a U.S. school, then transcript must be translated and evaluated.
- Translation and Evaluation companies may be found at http://www.naces.org/members.html
- Northwest Vista College will only accept translated and evaluated copies from the above mentioned web site.
- All transcripts received must be in their original envelope and sealed, no open documents will be accepted.
Step 5: English Proficiency – TOEFL or IELTS Score
- Official transcripts from previous college will be required to determine if any further testing is needed.
- Minimum acceptable scores:
- TOEFL exam score.
- 500 Paper-Based Test
- 173 Computer-Based Test
- 61 Internet-Based Testing
- IELTS exam score.
- Make sure to request the test company send an official copy of the exam results. An official copy is a copy sealed in an envelope.
Step 6: Photo
- Send a Passport size photo with your International Student Application
Step 7: Statement of Understanding
- Sign and date the Statement of Understanding on your International Student Application
Step 8: Processing Fee
- $100.00 U.S. Dollars (Non-Refundable)
- Send a Cashier Check or Money Order with your application
Step 9: Current Immigration Documents
- A copy of Passport
- A copy of F-1 Visa
- Current copy of I-20
- A copy of I-94
All documents must be received before the posted deadline. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered. Application deadline for a transfer student with a current F1 visa is: Fall semester deadline is July 1 and Spring semester deadline is December 1. NVC does not admit international students for the summer semester.