DISTRICT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Chancellor of the Alamo Colleges located in San Antonio, Texas, invites applications andnominations for the position of District Director of Student Financial Services.
The Alamo Colleges includes Palo Alto College, Northwest Vista College, San Antonio College, St. Philip's College, and the newest college, Northeast Lakeview College, along with a number of off-campus locations throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area. The colleges serve an 8-county region. It is one of the nation's largest post-secondary institutions, with an enrollment of over 64,000 credit students per semester, of which approximately 55% receive some type of financial assistance.
The Alamo Colleges provides an opportunity to fulfill one's professional career goals in a progressive and stimulating environment. The colleges are located in the unique River City of Texas with a dynamic multi-cultural and diverse population. San Antonio, the nation's seventh-largest city, has a dynamic economy rapidly expanding from traditional military and service sectors into telecommunications, biomedical science, information technology, and data security. Its inland rail port is a fast-growing transshipment point for trade between China and the U.S. through Mexico's Pacific coast. Its three major museums, local theater companies, and several large venues draw national touring shows and events in art, theater and music. The NBA's San Antonio Spurs provide a focus for sports fans, families, and civic pride. A moderate cost of living assures attractive options for home ownership.
The Alamo Colleges include five Hispanic Serving Institutions, the nation's only institution that is a Historically Black College and an Hispanic-Serving Institution, the nation's third largest producer of Hispanic nurses, and Texas's largest provider of online post-secondary education. A vibrant international program brings professionals and students to San Antonio for advanced education while affording students and faculty the opportunity to travel to all regions of the world.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor of Student Success, the District Director is responsible for all personnel, financial, and operational activities within Student Financial Services (SFS), including direct supervision and guidance of the student financial aid directors located at each of the five colleges. The District Director oversees scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study programs from federal, state, and other sources. The position is responsible for ensuring fiscal accountability in fund management, disbursement and recovery of funds, compliance and audits.
A Master's degree (or equivalent experience) and eight years of significant management and leadership experience in financial aid are required. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations and compliance, audit expectations; fiscal accountability and experience planning and managing complex budgets; an understanding of contemporary best practices in financial aid and student account management.
In addition, the District Director of Student Financial Services should have the following:
* Demonstrated knowledge of the student financial services administrative functions of a multi-college/multi-campus community college district.
* Comprehensive knowledge of financial management principles and practices; student financial services federal and state regulations and of standard college, federal, state, and local financial accounting, reporting, and auditing requirements.
* Successful experience in developing and maintaining strategic initiatives for continuous improvements and transformational change.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
* Ability to utilize and integrate computer technology and systems to access, evaluate, and communicate data.
* Ability to organize and direct major work operations, and to work under pressure of deadlines.
* Ability to consistently apply District, federal and state laws, regulations and procedures, and to assure compliance with business and fiscal policies and procedures; identify organizational impacts, and assess time frames needed to take appropriate actions.
* Ability to help set priorities in developing the annual Student Financial Services District budget; work with District Administrators; and to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students, the public, and fellow District employees.
The date after which applications are not guaranteed a review is October 15, 2012.
For more information about this search, the Alamo Colleges, and the application process, please visit our website at https://peoplelink.alamo.edu and click on "District Director of Student Financial Services" job posting. For information on the application process call 210-485-0222.
A Gold Hill Associates assisted search
For confidential inquiries, contact Dr. Parker Chesson (919-418-4845 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Alamo Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation with respect to access, employment programs, or services.