General scholarship opportunities district wide:
Visit the Alamo college’s information page to apply for the spring 2013 scholarships. Fall applicants have until September 15th 2013.
Complete the online scholarship application: www.alamo.edu/foundation/scholarships.htm
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.ed.gov
High School, Transfer, and 1st Time in College Students: Submit your most current transcript / GED certificate
Kerr County Residents:
Neil and Elaine Griffin Scholarship
Please take this great opportunity to apply for a Neil and Elaine Griffin scholarship at the Greater Kerrville Center.
This is a fantastic opportunity, the process is easy and it is at no cost to you.
Interested applicants must fill out an online portion and a paper portion to be filled out and taken to the Greater Kerrville Center's main office.
Please call Beau Saul at 830.896.0049 with additional questions
- Any major
- Must be residents of Kerr County, Texas
- Must have financial need
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be enrolled full time or part time
- Must initially attend at least one class at the Greater Kerrville Alamo College Center in Kerrville, Texas.
- May be attending any of the Alamo Colleges in addition to the one class at the Center.
- Submit an associate's or baccalaureate degree plan.
- Student applicants must certify they have received counseling or advisement in their application package.
- The scholarship award is for four (4) consecutive semesters.
- Should funding be available, the scholarship can be renewed to continue at a four-year institution in the State of Texas, as long as eligibility criteria are maintained and the recipient has completed 60 hours at the Alamo Colleges. (see the criteria and award amounts for the portable scholarship.)
Women Helping Women Scholarship
This is for adult Kerr County women in need of financial assistance.
Please visit http://www.kerrcountywomenschamber.org/schlarmain.htm for more information. Scholarship deadline is April 30th 2013.
Gillespie County Residents:
The Gillespie County Historical Society of Fredericksburg has a Pioneer Museum Scholarship for entering freshman in the amount of $1000.00.
Interested candidates must write a 2-3 thousand word paper about Gillespie County by May 31st, 2013.
More information can be found at http://pioneermuseum.net/pdf/pioneer_museum_scholarship.pdf
Kendall County Residents:
Homestead Heritage Exhibit Hall Scholarship for graduating seniors. More information can be found by contacting the Kendall County Fair Association at 830.249.2839