General scholarship opportunities district wide:
Visit the Alamo college’s information page to apply for the Fall 2016 scholarships.
Complete the online scholarship application: www.alamo.edu/foundation/scholarships.htm
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.ed.gov
High School, Transfer, and 1st Time in College Students: Submit your most current transcript / GED certificate
Kerr County Residents:
Neil and Elaine Griffin Scholarship
Please take this great opportunity to apply for a Neil and Elaine Griffin scholarship at the Greater Kerrville Center.
This is a fantastic opportunity, the process is easy and it is at no cost to you.
Interested applicants must fill out an online portion and a paper portion to be filled out and taken to the Greater Kerrville Center's main office.
Please call the Kerrville office at 830.896.0049830.896.0049 with additional questions
- Any major
- Must be residents of Kerr County, Texas
- Must have financial need
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Be enrolled full time or part time
- Must initially attend at least one class at the Greater Kerrville Alamo College Center in Kerrville, Texas.
- May be attending any of the Alamo Colleges in addition to the one class at the Center.
- Submit an associate's or baccalaureate degree plan.
- Student applicants must certify they have received counseling or advisement in their application package.
- Should funding be available, the scholarship can be renewed to continue at a four-year institution in the State of Texas, as long as eligibility criteria are maintained and the recipient has completed 60 hours at the Alamo Colleges. (see the criteria and award amounts for the portable scholarship.)
Kerrville Junior Service Guild, Inc. was founded with the purpose of promoting volunteerism and providing charitable and educational services to the community. A scholarship application can be located here.
Women Helping Women Scholarship
This is for adult Kerr County women in need of financial assistance.
Please visit http://www.kerrcountywomenschamber.org/schlarmain.htm for more information.
Mclaughlin Doty Foundation Scholarship
The McLaughlin Doty Foundation is a private, family foundation whose primary mission is to support non-profit charitable organizations that strive to improve educational, community, and health opportunities for underprivileged adults and children in the Central Texas area. The Foundation also provides scholarships to students in Kerr County who demonstrate a financial need. Interested applicants can access an application here.