Skip to content

Explore Your Future!

We offer what you need to achieve success. Come explore and find out why so many students have decided to call one of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District the pathway to their future.

Not sure where to start? Our Career Assessment Tool can help.


Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts Helpdesk (210) 486-5000


Login to ACES

Library Info

Library Information

1201 Kitty Hawk
Universal City, TX
(210) 486-5387
Please see the main library home page for the hours.                   

When is the Veteran Affairs Office open?

We are currently open two days a week Tuesday (9am-12pm) and Thursday (2pm-6pm) for to provide assistance.

Can I use the computers in the VA Center(Veteran Affairs Office) for applying for VA benefits?

Yes, the VA center provides computers for help to VA students to apply for benefits or to use for college application and processes. You can also use the open lab computers located STCM 204, NLIB 1st and 2nd floor, ACA 1 101, and STCM Welcome Center.

What is the Hazlewood Legacy Act?

Effective Fall 2009, the Hazlewood Legacy Act (81st Texas legislature) allows veterans to transfer their unused Hazlewood hours (up to 150 SCH) to a child (stepchild, biological, adopted, or dependent for income tax purposes).

Does the veteran have to reside in Texas in order to be eligible?

Yes. However, if the veteran resides outside of TX due to re-enlisting into active duty and being stationed outside of TX, or if the veteran resides outside of TX due to being married to a spouse that is serving on active duty outside of TX, then the veteran is exempt from this eligibility requirement.

Do the forms need to be submitted to the Coordinating Board or to the institution for Hazlewood?

The application and DD-214 need to be submitted to the institution.

Does a veteran have to provide a DD-214 Member-4 to qualify?

Yes. The veteran must provide official military documentation to confirm eligibility.

Do I have to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

Yes. Satisfactory Academic Progress is a federal requirement students must meet to receive both federal & state financial aid.
A student who is meeting SAP will have:

  • A 2.0 Grade Point Average or above
  • A sixty-seven percent (67%) completion rate between hours attempted & hours you have actually completed
  • No more than ninety-nine (99) attempted hours of college level courses

How do I start my veteran benefits here on campus?

Applying on you will use the VONAPP to apply for your benefits.

Do I have to wait to receive my Certificate of eligibility to begin benefits.

No, veteran affairs offices at the Alamo Colleges will have you sign a contract that you are responsible for the tuition and balance if you do not have any veteran services available to you.

What documents will I need to bring?

Veteran Affairs forms (differs per chapter) but common forms include joint military transcript, DD-214, student responsibility form, and degree plan.

Contact Information

Rosalinda Almanza-Martinez

Student Commons Welcome Center STCM 111


(210) 486-5827

(210) 486-9900