The Academic Support Center (ASC) provides tutoring in math, writing, and other subjects to currently enrolled students on a walk-in basis, and students can receive individual or group help. Tutors help students understand their class material, develop study skills, and work collaboratively to help students achieve their learning goals. The ASC also provides students access to computers, study spaces, and academic resources.
- See our LibGuide for the current tutor schedule!
The ASC offers online tutoring for NLC students enrolled in distance education classes. Students can submit the Online Tutoring Form and receive an email response from a tutor within 1-2 business days. Students should have a specific question in mind related to a course concept or assignment, and tutors will address relevant concepts, illustrate related examples, provide links to helpful online resources, and/or give holistic feedback. Tutors will not answer specific homework questions or edit or proofread essays.
With Brainfuse, you can:
- Receive Instant Tutoring and interact with a live tutor.
- Submit Your Writing to our Online Writing Lab for a review.
- Submit a Question and receive a reply from a tutor.
- Personalized Skills Building & Test Prep in college readiness, college subjects, Accuplacer, Compass and GRE.
- Create your own flashcards and online quizzes/games to reinforce classroom learning.
- Form online study groups or schedule live sessions with peers/faculty instructors using the Meet collaborative whiteboard (audio capable).
- Record and email video-like notes on the Brainfuse whiteboard.
Brainfuse Resource Canvas
Brainfuse User Guide