About The Department
The Continuing Education Nursing Department offers a variety of courses for the RN, LVN, nursing students, other healthcare providers, and social workers. Complementary and Alternative Modalities (CAM) or Healing Arts are available for individuals, nurses or caregivers.
Among the courses offered are:
- Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Nursing Students)
- Understanding Pharmacology Mathematics
- Monitor Tech Program
- Certified Nursing Assistant Program
- Dialysis Training - Theory
- Intravenous Therapy
- Medical Terminology
- Reiki I, II, & III; Reflexology & Acupressure
- Spanish for Health Care
The Continuing Nursing Education Center is offering the Nursing Refresher Program. This program is designed to meet the educational needs of nurses who are preparing to return to the profession after a leave of absence or hiatus. The course fulfills all requirements by the Texas Board of Nursing for licensure reinstatement. San Antonio College is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Course Overview (120 hours theory + 80 hours clinical):
1) Review of NPA, Rules, Position Statements
2) Determination of Individual Scope of Practice
3) Review of the nursing process to include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
4) Pharmacology Review
5) Medication Administration
6) Documentation, quality assurance and legal implications for nursing practice
120 hours of theory- Monday through Thursday from September 17, 2012 – October 12, 2012
80 hours of clinical- Monday through Friday from October 22, 2012- November 2, 2012
*Face-to-face instruction, simulation training, and clinical training.
Cost is $1500. Please contact Andrea Flores at 210-486-1183 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Office location in Oppenheimer Academic Center Room 225.
Next course offering is Summer 2013.