Students who enroll at the Alamo Colleges for the first time will be tested using the ACCUPLACER. Scores must be on file with the college before enrolling.
- You have no test records for acceptance into higher education
- Your ACT, SAT or TAKS scores are not high enough for exemption
- You needed to comply with the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement for students enrolling in a Texas college or university
- You need placement into college courses
Once you determine your eligibility do the following:
- You must complete an ApplyTexas application for one of the Alamo Colleges. Visit the website www.applytexas.org and submit an application.
- Confirm that your application has been processed through the Alamo Colleges online portal ACES .
Obtain your Alamo College ID number also known as a Banner ID. You must wait 24 to 48 hours after completing the Apply Texas Application.
Taking the Accuplacer exam is VERY Important.
Results of the exam will determine:
- if you will take College Level courses
- if you need to take Developmental courses
- how long your program will eventually take
Additional information and practice for the Accuplacer can be found at the following Website:
Other practice test and review materials for reading, writing (English) and mathematics (including arithmetic and elementary algebra) for Accuplacer are available on the following web sites: (These sites are not affiliated with San Antonio College nor the College Board.)
All students must have completed the Apply Texas, have Banner number and photo I.D.
As of April 1, 2011 the Accuplacer fee will be $29.00 dollars
NOTICE: SAC will be closed on Friday, May 29th and Saturday, May 30th.
Accuplacer Testing Schedule
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday
8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. & 1:30pm. to 3:00pm.
8:30am. - 11:00am. & 1:30pm. to ***5:00pm.
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
No Testing -
*** Please Note: The Testing Center closes at 7:00 pm, students arriving after 4:00 pm. may not have enough time to complete the exam and will need to return another day.
The Accuplacer is an untimed exam (except essay). Average student takes 2-3 hours to complete the exam.
Accuplacer exam is administered on a space available basis.
No appointment is required.
Cost for the test is $29.00, payments must be done online only with check or credit card, computer is available. Must have a valid photo ID in order to test.
This schedule is subject to change without notice. Please contact the Assessment Center at 210- 486-0444.
PLACEMENT TESTING FOR ONLINE STUDENTS
OUT OF THE AREA
First contact the online counselor at the link below to determine which test is needed.
The counselor will determine what part/s of the test you will need to take. After speaking with a counselor, please follow the procedures below:
The counselor will give you information to proceed with testing.