Steps to Online Advising
This checklist will help you prepare for your online counseling and advising. Complete steps 1-2 on this checklist prior to the session. You should have access to a computer with headphones or speakers so that you can hear.
1. Get the Plug-in
Go to http://www.elluminate.com/support/. This site will auto-check to see if you already have the plug-in. If you do not, the site will provide a link (Java Offline Installation Download) so that you can manually download and install it. Elluminate is compatible with both PC and Mac. This site also includes quick orientations and tech support, such as checking your audio.
- TIP: When you click to manually download the plug-in, choose SAVE to download the plug-in to your desktop. Then click on the downloaded plug-in icon from your desktop to install.
2. Get oriented
3. Attend the session (No appointment needed)
- Go to http://elluminatelive.alamo.edu
- Click on Sac Online Advising.
- On the Join Session page, #2 select Guest.
- Enter your email address and display name as your full name.
- Click login on the right side to join the session.
When you arrive in the Elluminate classroom, it will help to double check your audio, etc., to make sure the session runs smoothly. If you have a built-in mic or a headset with mic, you can use it to talk during the session. When you enter the Eluminate room, you will wait until a counselor greets you and takes you to a private room for your advising session.