|Distance Learning Checklist
Interested in enrolling within the SAC Online Distance Learning program? We have designed this web page to help you get off to a good start at San Antonio College. We encourage you to complete the items on this checklist. For additional information on any of these steps, check out our SAC Online Distance Learning webpage or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before Classes Start
- Access our ACES Portal and access the Student tab and Web Services channel to verify enrollment and payment information.
- eSyllabus, your course syllabi is accessible online. Select the eSyllabus icon to learn more about your course specific information.
- Access our ACES Portal and select the E-mail Icon on the top right corner of the main login page to access your College provided free Alamo Colleges E-mail account. Send an email to your instructor before the class begins with any questions you have about the syllabus, textbook or other course requirements. Alamo Colleges E-mail is your official e-mail address for all your course related communications.
- Visit the College Bookstore or your Instructor recommended Bookstore site, to purchase textbooks, workbooks and other materials required for your class.
- Your online course can be accessed via a browser, verify your Internet Explorer browser or Firefox to make sure you can successfully access ACES and Blackboard. For technical assistance, contact our College Helpdesk (210) 486-0777 or District Helpdesk (210) 485-0555.
- At the start of each semester, our Student Technology Center at MLC 542 offers several orientation workshops specifically designed for our online students. Attend one of the workshops to learn more about ACES and Blackboard. Training Schedule is available online at Student Technology Center Training Calendar link.
First Week of Class
- Login to your class. Very important to login during the first week of class. Having difficulty logging in, contact Technical Assistance at (210) 486-0777 or (210) 485-0555. Send an E-mail to your Instructor. If you are at the campus, visit our Student Technology Center at MLC 542 for walk-in support assistance.
- Review the course materials and E-mail your questions to your Instructor.
During the Semester
- Log into your class several times a week. In some cases, when you login, your attendance will be automatically tracked.
- Review course announcements and guidelines for assignments and tests.
- Review lecture notes or presentations.
- Contribute to both mandatory and optional discussions.
- If you are facing difficulty with the course material, contact your Instructor or contact our Student Learning Assistance Center (SLAC). Tutoring services may be available.
- Plan ahead for tests. Some of your tests may be proctored. Contact your Instructor for additional information.
- Ask your Instructor for clarification. Always let your online teacher answer any questions you might have.
- Check E-mail regularly and respond to messages.
- Schedule time within your weekly schedule to complete chapter readings, assignments and/or assessments. A calendar tool is available within ACES.
- Check grades when available.
- At the end of the semester, complete the student assessment of your course and your Instructor. Your Instructor will provide you with information to complete the survey.
- Do not stop communicating; regularly check your College E-mail.