The Department of Services for Women & Non-Traditional Students offers scholarship search assistance based on current scholarship opportunities, your academic major and individual circumstances (for example, gender, age, marital status, income, etc.).
Individual and group guidance is provided with the application process, essay writing tips, how to obtain recommendation letters, among other topics.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment with our scholarship coordinator, Bertha Castellanos, or attend one of our monthly workshops to learn about all of the opportunities that are available to receive scholarships to fund your education. Don’t miss out on this valuable service!
IN ADDITION TO THE SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ASSISTANCE MENTIONED ABOVE THE FOLLOWING SCHOLARSHIPS ARE OFFERED BY THIS DEPARTMENT. Scholarships are available at different times of the academic year. Please contact our department at (210)486-0455 to find out when scholarships are available.
Women Empowered “WE” Conference
This free Conference held in May of each year was developed to provide outreach into our community to a much underserved population: women who are considering a return to school who are often overlooked in traditional outreach efforts. Conference workshops provide information on topics such as overcoming fears and gaining confidence in order to reach personal and educational goals. Information on GED preparation and testing, college enrollment, financial aid, and short-term technical certificate programs as well as personal and professional development is provided.
Scholarship assistance is central to providing access to higher education to women. Accordingly, a highlight of the WE Conference is the presentation of scholarships to attend San Antonio College.
Information on the 2016 WE Conference will be coming soon!
Ann Richards Endowed Scholarship
In Honor of Women-In-History Month- March
A scholarship worth $1000 ($500 Fall and $500 Spring) will be awarded to a qualified student.
- Must be a re-entry woman (25 years or older)
- Must be currently enrolled or planning to enroll for the Fall 2014 semester at San Antonio College
- Must maintain enrollment of a minimum of 9 credit hours
- Must be financial aid eligible: financial aid has been processed & awarded
- Must have good academic standing with a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA .
APPLICATIONS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
GOAL (Go On And Learn) Scholarship
This scholarship is available for non-traditional students who are in need of financial assistance to pursue their education. The student must be enrolled in at least nine hours. Four scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 per scholarship.
- Must meet the definition of a non-traditional student.
- Currently enrolled at San Antonio College
- Must maintain enrollment of a minimum of 9 credit hours
- Must have completed 12 hours at time of application
- Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Have completed and submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current year
United Way Childcare Scholarship
Do you need help paying for child care? The UW Childcare Scholarship could be for you!
The purpose of the UW Childcare Scholarship is to provide assistance to those parents who are pursuing financial stability by providing the critical element that is most often lacking for families - childcare.
- Are you currently enrolled in school or receiving on the job training?
- Do you have children age 12 years and younger who need childcare while you attend school or receive on the job training?
- Are you a resident of Bexar County?
- Do you have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher?
- Are you committed to reaching your educational/employment goals?
Click here for UW Childcare Scholarship Application
LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship Program
The LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship program seeks to ensure the educational success of two generations by providing support, encouragement, assistance and incentives for participants to complete their educational objective at an Alamo Colleges. By completing their educational objective, the participant ensures a full scholarship for their child. This award entitles your child to a full two year scholarship to attend any of the Alamo Colleges, upon the child's high school graduation..
- Be the parent of a child, age 6 or younger.
- Commit to completing an educational goal at an Alamo College- certificate, associate degree or transfer program- within four years of selection for the scholarship.
- Have no more than 30 college level earned hours (remedial courses do not count against this calculation)
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): minimum 2.0 GPA and 67% course completion rate
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form already submitted to an Alamo College
- Enroll in Fall 2014 at one of the Alamo Colleges: Northeast Lakeview College, Northwest Vista College, Palo Alto College, San Antonio College, or St. Philip's College
- Interview with the LULAC Parent/Child scholarship committee, if considered for the scholarship
Scholarship currently not available
Network Power/Texas Scholarship
This scholarship provided by Network Power/Texas is for eligible women attending San Antonio College. Applications available during the Fall Semester and the Scholarship is awarded for the Spring semester.
- Must be a woman student currently enrolled at San Antonio College
- Have a current cumulative 2.5. or higher Cumulative GPA
- Student must have a minimum of nine (9) credit hours already completed.
Click here for the NP/T Scholarship Application
Mi CASA Scholarship
This scholarship program is designed to enhance your leadership skills while helping you pay college expenses such as childcare, books, and transportation. You will serve as a mentor to participants in the Mi CASA (Career Advancement & Self-sufficiency Assistance) Program. Services offered through the Mi CASA Program include career development, job readiness skills, homebuyer education and computer literacy.
- Resident of the 78212 zip code
- Currently enrolled at San Antonio College for at least six credit hours for the Fall semester
- Have a current cumulative 2.2 GPA or higher
- Financial Aid Eligibly- financial aid has been processed & awarded, not waiting for appeal
- Maintain 2.2 cumulative GPA at the end of fall semester to be eligible to continue in the spring
Click here for Informational flyer
2015 Scholarship Application