Greetings to all First Time in College Students!
The Group Orientation Program is dedicated to providing a first point of contact for students who have not earned 15 college credit hours, at San Antonio College (SAC) or any other college or university. All First Time in College (FTIC) students must complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Complete a 2 year college application for admissions
• New and transfer students;
• Former students (previously enrolled in an Alamo College but have not attended within the last 12 months);
• Transient students (i.e., "summer only students");
• Apply Texas.org –Students may fill out an ApplyTexas from any home computer, or use a lab on campus. The following is a link to labs available for student use- http://www.alamo.edu/mainwide.aspx?id=4236
STEP 2: Submit official transcript(s) (Fletcher Administration Center, Room 216)
• Official high school transcript with official test scores (if applicable) (mailed or hand carried in sealed envelope), or
• Official GED scores (mailed or hand carried), or
• Official transcripts with any attempted college course work (mailed or hand carried in sealed envelope)
STEP 3: Complete assessment and testing (Fletcher Administration Center, Room 112)
• Contact the SAC Testing Center for testing schedule or visit the following website for additional information ( http://www.alamo.edu/mainwide.aspx?id=5127)
• First time students must have scores on file prior to registration unless qualified for exemption.
STEP 4: Advising
• Once you have completed the MyMap modules, please continue to the New Student Online Advising Module listed here Online Advising for First Time In College Students PDF. On the final page of the Module, students must complete and submit the quiz provided, in order to receive credit for completing the Advising Module. Please include your name and banner ID. Students must then wait 24 hours to continue to the following step, which is to see an Advisor in the SAC Counseling and Advising Department, located in the Moody Learning Center 1st floor.