Unique Scholarship Funds College for Parent and Child
The Alamo Colleges are now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Tom Sandoval Rey Feo LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship program. This unique program offers a $1,000 scholarship for a student, who has at least one child aged six years or younger, to attend one of the Alamo Colleges and a two-year scholarship for their child to attend one of the Alamo Colleges upon graduation from high school.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
• Be enrolled for Fall 2014 at one of the Alamo Colleges
• Be the parent of a child, aged six years or younger (only one child eligible per family)
• Commit to completing an educational goal at one of the Alamo Colleges (certificate, associate degree or transfer program within four years of selection for the scholarship)
• Have no more than 30 college level earned hours (not counting remedial courses)
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application and meet the Alamo Colleges Satisfactory Academic Progress requirement
• Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to one of the Alamo Colleges
• Interview with the scholarship committee
• Complete the application packet available online at www.alamo.edu/sac/swans/scholarships. For more information call the San Antonio College Women’s Center at 210-486-0455210-486-0455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Final deadline is Tuesday, July 15, 2014