Skip to content

Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts Helpdesk (210) 486-5000

Vertical_Bar 

Login to ACES

http://aces.alamo.edu/
 

Close
Library Info 

Library Information

1201 Kitty Hawk
Universal City, TX
78148
(210) 486-5387
nlc-circulation@alamo.edu
Hours: Mon.- Thurs. 7:30am-9:00pm; Fri. 7:30am-5:00pm; Sat. 9:00am-1:00pm
                   
Vertical_Bar 
Button - Go To Library  
Close

Lower Valley School District #33 (1877-1966)

The area, surrounding Randolph Air Force Base, northeast of San Antonio, Texas was settled by German immigrants in the mid-1800s.

In 1877, the community established its first school, Lower Valley School District #33, a one-room schoolhouse which until burned down and was rebuilt as a two-room school in 1919. The Lower Valley School served the community for 89 years.

In 1966 when families in the community decided to close the school and affiliate with Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District, the Lower Valley School and the adjacent teacherage was sold to Mr. and Mrs. Watts, the last couple to have taught at the school.

In 2007, the Watts’ heirs donated the schoolhouse to Northeast Lakeview College.
 
 Drawing of Schoolhouse
Watercolor; Lower Valley School District #33 (1877-1966)
Artist, Betsy Raj, 2007 Art Student at Northeast Lakeview College