Overflow Parking and Shuttle Service
Summer 2013 update: Shuttle service will end May 16, 2013, toward the end of finals week.
- Parking and free shuttle service will be provided during construction of our new parking garage. Shuttle service is scheduled to end May 16, 2013.
- Parking demands are greatly reduced during the summer and the new garage will provide sufficient parking on campus for the Fall. Therefore, shuttle service will not be provided after May 16, 2013.
- To see a map of the shuttle drop offs and how to get to the overflow lot, click here.
- If you plan to arrive on campus between 9am and 1pm, it is recommended that you park at the off-campus overflow lot (it will be difficult to find parking at this time)
- We refer to this off-campus lot as the “Sea World” lot, because our partner, Sea World, owns the lot and has generously allowed us to use the lot free of charge.
- The shuttle bus service starts at 7 a.m. from the overflow lot. The last shuttle bus to return riders to the overflow lot will leave the campus at 8:45 p.m.
- Shuttles operate Monday – Thursday when classes meet throughout the semester.
- Shuttle service will be unavailable during holidays, campus closures and when regular classes do not meet.
- One to four shuttles will be operating throughout the day based on demand during that time of the semester.
- The wait time for a shuttle is 10-15 minutes during peak times.
- At least one shuttle will have a wheelchair lift and run every 30 minutes. Contact the Access office at email@example.com or call 486-4466 with questions.
Lose an item on an NVC shuttle?
Items that are found on shuttles during the day are turned in to the TLF Office, which can be reached by calling (210) 486-4015 and is located in Mountain Laurel Hall, room 135. TLF office hours may be found here. After several days, unclaimed items are turned in to the NVC Police Department, which may be reached by calling (210) 485-0099. If an item is found after the shuttle has returned to the shuttle company's location for the day and needs to be claimed immediately, riders may contact City Tours, Inc. at (210) 492-4144.