What is Quality Enhancement Plan?
The goal of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is to improve student learning outcomes. It includes direct and indirect assessment of student work. It is required by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges as part of the accreditation process. Northwest Vista College is currently seeking reaffirmation of accreditation.
The current proposed QEP topic is Information Literacy in academic curriculum. Titled "Information Literary: FUSE" stands for Find, Use, Source and Evaluate student learning outcomes across the curriculum.
The topic was crated by the college's stakeholders and aligns with the college goals. It reflects NVC's culture, values and expectations of education. College stakeholder groups to include students, faculty, staff and community are currently evaluating the topic and providing feedback.
The SACS requirements for QEP are:
- Create college process to identify key issue that emerges from institutional assessment.
- Focus on learning outcomes and/or environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the college.
- Demonstrate capability for initiation, implementation and completion of the QEP.
- Involve stakeholder groups in the development and implementation of the QEP.
- Identify goals and plan to asses the achievement.