Completion: In order to support our students and community, we provide college-wide support for completion.
Strategy I.A. Support Underrepresented Populations – Improve support programs and processes for underrepresented populations that lead to completion (target Hispanics, African Americans, returning adults).
OAP I.A.1. Recruitment and Retention Programs and Processes – Create and strengthen programs and processes to enroll and retain students from underrepresented populations.
- Financial Aid – strengthen services for students including improved communication, training, information, intervention strategies.
- Improve student access to services – transcript services and phone processes.
- Contacting Potential Leavers- Contact current students who have not enrolled by priority registration.
Strategy I.B. Degree Completion – Develop infrastructure and services to support students from pre-enrollment to certificate and degree completion and/or transfer.
OAP I.B.1. Developmental Education to Degree Completion – Prepare students for degree and certificate completion and develop infrastructure to support degree and certificate completion.
- Developmental Education - “Improve testing for placement in DE and accelerate students through courses; improve advising for DE students.
- Staff/Faculty Advising - Implement a shared staff/ faculty advising model for academic and workforce career programs.
- Promoting Degree Completion – Systems and activities that focus on degree completion.
OAP I.B.2. Workforce Certificate/Degree Completion - Develop a stronger career planning and workforce placement model that includes student tracking.
1. Improve on the current Workforce students' tracking database that will ensure accurate data is collected on completers and placement of such upon graduation.
OAP I. B.3. Foundations of Excellence - Focus on FTIC through this national partnership.
1. Self-Study – Engage the campus in data to find focus for improvement in completion.
2. Student Development (SDev) – Address and improve student learning outcomes; improve faculty development and learning communities; focus on degree planning and completion. Integrate plans with faculty advising.
3. New Student Orientation - Make early connections with new students.