Learning: We enhance engagement, success, and learning for all.
Strategy II.A. Learning Quality and Effectiveness – Enhance curriculum and teaching and learning models to improve student learning outcomes.
OAP II.A.1Learning Outcomes - Measure, review and Improve Student Learning Outcomes by discipline and program (academic and student success). Identify SLO’s, develop assessment plans, carry out evaluations, and implement improvements.
- a. Academic Discipline Learning Outcomes - Programs to align student learning outcomes.
success). Identify SLO’s, develop assessment plans, carry out evaluations, and implement improvements.
- b. Workforce Discipline Learning Outcomes - Programs to align student learning outcomes.
- Student Success Learning Outcomes - Each area will identify student learning outcomes.
OAP II.A.2. Distance learning – Improve distance learning success and retention through evaluation, support services and faculty development. (2011)
- Online high-risk courses - Develop an evaluation that identifies high risk courses; for each high risk course determine root cause and develop strategies for improvement.
- Improve student support services online - e.g. Hola, Boldchat, Degree Works, CAMS and other services.
OAP II.A.3. Interdisciplinary Programs – Grow and strengthen Interdisciplinary programs.
- Develop and implement core to core learning communities.
- Honor’s Program – Identify additional faculty to work on this initiative, develop a plan that re-invents the focus of program.
- Service Learning – Task force to develop and/or expand service learning goals and initiatives.
- Peace and Conflict Studies – Develop a module on conflict management and resolution to incorporate into the core curriculum (Determine where in the core) Mexican American Studies.
- Prepare students for college-level Instruction and success through Student Development Courses, co-curricular programs (ambassadors, etc.).
OAP II.A.4. Workforce Program Plan – Expand the number of Workforce Programs.
OAP II.A.5. Community Education – Assess and expand community education programs based on return on Investment and community needs.
Strategy II.B. Employee Learning and Engagement – Enhance critical communication flow processes, employee development and evaluation system, and college culture to assure employee effectiveness, engagement, and learning.
OAP II.B.1. Faculty Development and Staff Development – Enhance employee development to engage all faculty and staff members. Expand developmental education orientation model to all faculty (share Information on model).
- Strengthen and expand faculty orientation model used by Developmental Education faculty.
- Increase faculty development offerings online - Improve and Implement on-line training and resources – Identify a timeline for E-Team input and another timeline for implementation.
- Increase Staff Development offerings, including those online.
- Create faculty and staff development requirements to include number of hours required each year and any other specific requirements.
OAP II.B.2. Valuing Diversity - Develop and Implement training in valuing diversity
OAP II.B.3. Conflict Resolution – Infuse conflict management training across college.
OAP II.B.4. Leadership Cultivation - Create employee evaluation and development models that tie to succession planning.
- Prepare employees for leadership positions through Leadership Development Team.
- Leadership Lab – develop promising leaders and assess next steps move to Leadership Lab II.