“I would like to take classes at NVC over the summer to transfer back to my home college.”
Thank you for choosing Northwest Vista College (NVC)! At NVC, a transient (visiting) student is any student who is seeking a degree at another college or university and would like to complete some of their coursework at NVC over the summer.
- Students enrolled in a university who are taking courses at the Alamo Colleges during the summer sessions only are considered transient students and should complete the application process well before registration begins for the summer term they plan to attend the Alamo Colleges. The steps to complete transient student admissions requirements are:
- Submit the ApplyTexas two (2) year college admission application online
- Submit an official college transcript
- Transient students can submit an official in progress transcript from the university attended if grades for the current semester are not available for the purposes of admissions and registration. Upon successful completion of the semester, the college will send a transcript as requested to their college.
- If student remains enrolled for the fall/spring semester they must submit an official transcript with final grades posted.
- Meet the placement requirements with official documentation of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) exemption or compliance (test scores or college transcript) or take mandatory placement tests Exception: Students enrolling in Level One-Certificate Programs that do not identify skill levels are not required to test.
We are delighted in your decision to take classes at NVC over the summer. We hope that you enjoy your time at NVC where we strive to create opportunities for your success!