The CaTS Center knows what employers are looking for. Chances are, they may be looking for someone just like you!
The CaTS Center can offers several job prep services like:
- Resume, Cover Letter & Thank You Letter Assistance
- Have your resume proofread in 3-4 business days!
- Interviewing Skills: Have a mock interview!
- Career Exploration: Is that the right field for you?
JOB READY? JOB PREP! JOB READY? JOB PREP! JOB READY? JOB PREP!
ALWAYS DRESS FOR SUCCESS!
- Ladies should wear a pant or skirt suit with closed toe shoes.
- Gentlemen should wear a tie.
- Neutral colors are highly recommended.
- Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes & flip flops are not acceptable.
- Clothing should be wrinkle and stain free.
- Ladies should wear natural make-up and subtle jewelry.
- Cover tattoos and remove piercings.
- Gentlemen should have clean, shaped and shaved facial hair.
Not sure if your ensemble makes the cut? Bring it to the CaTS Center. We'll let you know.
1st Place in the U.S. Department of Labor Career Tools Category
Optimal Resume is an easy to use software designed to simplify your job readiness needs! If you need assistance, come to the CaTS Center. The CaTS Center can help!
It offers tools, such as:
- Resume Builder & Resume Formatting
- Review Center: Have your Resume Proofread
- Create a Professional Website for your Resume
- Cover Letter & Thank You Letter Builder
- Mock Interviews and Interviewing Assistance
- Create Electronic Portfolio
Try it today by following this link: OptimalResume
CaTS Connect is the connection to receive personalized information. Simply register. Once your registration has been activated, you will be notified by e-mail and will be able to view jobs from the San Antonio and surrounding areas. CaTS Connect offers features, such as:
- Job Search: Find Part Time, Full Time, Volunteer & Internship Positions!
- Resource Library: Find Resume & Employer Letter Templates!
- Events Calendar: See when Employers & University Recruiters will be at NVC!
- Transfer University Database
- Scholarship Resource
To log on to CaTS Connect go to www.myinterfase.com/nvc/student.
This user-friendly web-based tool markets careers and programs to students by providing valuable information on how wages, trends, and careers connect to education and training at Alamo Colleges and the San Antonio area.
Career Bliss is unlike any ordinary job board. They provide company reviews, information on wages and compensation, and more. Also be sure to check out their Bliss Finder assessment, which uncovers the key factors that make you happy or unhappy at work.