Skip to content

Explore Your Future!

We offer what you need to achieve success. Come explore and find out why so many students have decided to call one of the colleges in the Alamo Colleges District the pathway to their future.

Not sure where to start? Our Career Assessment Tool can help.

 Northwest Vista College Library
1st Floor, Redbud Learning Center (RLC)
3535 N. Ellison Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78251
Mon - Thur: 7:30am to 6:00pm

Thank you for your interest in transferring to Northwest Vista College. Below are the enrollment steps and helpful information on NVC’s transfer and grade policies.

Former Students: Previous NVC students who have not attended class for more than 1 year (3 semesters) will need to reapply and complete any applicable enrollment steps prior to registering for classes. 

Students who need assistance with or have questions about the enrollment process are encouraged to contact or visit the Vista Central: Welcome and Admissions Center. You may speak with an enrollment coach or use our computer lab to complete your enrollment steps.

Jump To:

Admissions and Enrollment Process


Explore Your Pre-Major and NVC Institutes

It is best to explore your pre-major and NVC's Institutes before you apply. Once you apply, we can help you identify your math pathway.

Click here to explore the NVC Institutes and Career Options.

Complete and Submit Application for Admission
Please allow five business days for processing. Once your application is processed, you will receive two emails - a confirmation from ApplyTexas and an email from NVC with instructions on accessing your student portal called ACES.          
  Submit All Official
College Transcripts

Transfer students will submit official transcripts from the most recent college or university attended. However, students planning to utilize credit from another previous school must submit an official transcript from that institution. NVC recommends submitting official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Visit AlamoNAVIGATE and click on "Submit Transcripts and Documents" for more information on transcript requirements for First Time in College, Transfer, and Returning Students.  

Official transcripts may be submitted:
  • In Person: Hand-deliver transcripts to the Records and Residency Office in CCC. Transcripts MUST be in a sealed envelope. Open transcripts will not be accepted.
  • Electronically: Schools can send electronic PDF transcripts to NVC through a secure server such as Parchment, eSCRIPT-SAFE, or National Student Clearinghouse and Transcripts using email address
  • By Mail: Send sealed official transcripts to NVC at 3535 N. Ellison Dr., San Antonio, TX 78251. Please mark transcripts “ATTN: Records”
Foreign Transcripts: Foreign Transcripts must be evaluated and translated from any company listed at The original foreign transcript must accompany the evaluated document.

Login To ACES Account
After you have received your email from NVC that contains your ACES username, you will need to log in to your ACES account. You may also obtain your username by visiting the ACES website and clicking on “Get My ACES Username.” and following the instructions for the default password to log in for the first time. For technical assistance logging in, contact the Help Desk at 210-485-0555.         

Click here to log in to your ACES account.

Activate your AlamoNAVIGATE Checklist  
Click on the "Start Here" tab and then click on "AlamoNAVIGATE" to access your checklist for enrollment. This personalized checklist will help you track your next steps and show all the items needed for your enrollment with Northwest Vista College.

(Note: AlamoNAVIGATE will only be active for students with a Fall 2018 application. Students with a Summer 2018 application will use the "Enrollment Checklist" that appears underneath the AlamoNAVIGATE logo.) 

Complete the Go FAARR and Test Prep Modules
The Go FAARR module is required for all new students, and the Test Prep module is required for all students who are required to take the TSI placement test. Students not taking the TSI may skip the Test Prep module. After you activate your AlamoNAVIGATE checklist, click "Complete Go FAARR and Test Prep Modules" on your MyPath. Click on “Enroll” and then “Incomplete” to complete the modules. Please note that the modules may not be compatible with all smartphones or tablets and may need to be completed on a desktop computer. 
Upload Bacterial Meningitis Documentation (Students under 22) 
In AlamoNAVIGATE, select "Turn In Shot Records" and click on the "Secure Site" link to upload your documents. There is a $10 processing fee. Please allow 3 business days for processing. Students taking only online classes may submit a waiver form in person at the Records Office.
Click here for more information on Bacterial Meningitis compliance.   

Take the TSI College-Readiness Test (If Applicable)
Take the TSI assessment exam to determine your placement into college-level English and Math courses. Students may be exempted from the TSI with qualifying scores or documents. Visit AlamoNAVIGATE and click on "Take Your Placement Test" for information on hours, exemptions, and frequently asked questions.
   Click here to visit the NVC Testing and Assessment Office website.

Complete Math or English Refresher Courses (If Applicable)

Students who do not place at college level will be required to take a refresher course before registering for classes. AlamoNAVIGATE will display your scores and more information on scheduling a refresher course.

The Readiness Center is Located in the Cypress Campus Center (CCC) Room 200.

Sign Up For Orientation and Registration

Once all enrollment steps have been completed, view registration instructions and sign up for Transfer and Former Student Orientation by clicking "Sign Up for NSO" in AlamoNAVIGATE.
  Click here to sign up for Transfer and Former Student Orientation.  

 Additional Resources
 Student Disability Services | Records | Payment Deadlines  


Transcripts and Grades

Grades Acceptable for Transfer
To meet degree requirements, only those courses in which a “D” or better has been earned may be applied toward a certificate or degree, and only those technical courses in which a “C” or better has been earned may be applied to meet the requirements in the academic plan.  Please note that while a "D" may be acceptable for degree completion, it may not satisfy prerequisite requirements (often a "C" or better is required). Please speak with a Certified Advisor for questions.

Full Academic History Disclosure
Transfer students are not at liberty to disregard any part of their past collegiate record and apply for admission on a partial college record or solely on the basis of a high school record.

Comparing Courses at Two Different Institutions
The Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) may be used to compare courses at two different institutions within the state of Texas to check for equivalencies. Please note that this list should not be interpreted as an official evaluation or guarantee that credits will transfer.
Click here to visit the TCCNS website.  

Transferring Courses from Accredited Institutions
Credit may be transferred to NVC from colleges and universities accredited by recognized accreditation associations. See below for a complete list of accrediting agencies. Credit from institutions not regionally accredited by one of the associations is not accepted by NVC. Traditional classroom instruction and credit by examination are the basis on which transferred credit is recognized. Transfer credit may meet graduation requirements if it is equivalent to NVC’s course.

Regional Accrediting Agencies

National Accrediting Agencies

Professional and Specialized Accrediting Agencies


Contact Information

Cypress Campus Center (CCC) 126 

Necola Glaze
Sr. Advisor
Last Names A-G

Phone: 210-486-4904

Elizabeth Murray
Sr. Advisor
Last Names H-Q

Phone: 210-486-4669

Valerie Acosta Vasquez
Sr. Advisor
Last Names R-Z

Phone: 210-486-4732

Please view the Recruitment Team page for additional opportunities to connect with us.


Hours of Operation - Summer 2018
(Please note that our computer lab and walk-in advising services will close 30 minutes prior to the end of the day.) 

 Monday - Wednesday
 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.  

8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 



We Look forward to serving you!