Continuing Education Certificate Program Plan
This program prepares students to work for public health, non-profit and commercial health maintenance companies or organizations affiliated with the management of health services. Emphasis is on health education, health promotion and community outreach. Studies, in a wide range of health topics, include environmental health, health care delivery systems, nutrition, medical terminology, ethics, human anatomy and psychology. Coursework in this program is intended to develop and enhance the skills of community health advisors, social and human service assistants, and other people interested in working in the field of social work, community health and advocacy.
- CHLT 1001 - Introduction to Community Health
- CHLT 1040 - Community Health Advocacy
- CHLT 1005 - Community Nutrition
- CHLT 1042 - Community Health Field Methods
- CHLT 1002 - Wellness and Health Promotion
- CHLT 1080 - Cooperative Education - Community Health Services/Liaison/Counseling