Texas STEM Challenge Scholarships - up to $2,500 per year for Two Years*
Applications are being accepted now for Texas STEM Challenge scholarships of up to $2,500 for academic year 2016-2017. Northwest Vista College students with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and a declared major in biological or physical science, computer and information sciences, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or selected allied health degrees and a High School GPA of 3.0 in math and science courses are eligible to apply.
You must meet the requirements below and submit a TSTEM Scholarship Application and Course Planning Guide for Fall 2016 thru Summer 2017 (Log into ACES, and click on Alamo GPS in the home tab, and complete the Student Educational Planner for the required semesters).
Please contact the liaison listed below for further information.
NEW 1st YEAR APPLICANTS:
- Submit an official high school transcript to the T-STEM Liaison (if not currently on file with NVC admission’s office);
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in high school math and science courses;
- Must have and maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 grade point average in college course work;
- If applicant is male and between the ages of 18 and 25, he mustregister for the Selective Services System;
- Agree to complete 30 hours in 2016-2017 (Fall, Spring, Summer); and
- Complete 80% of coursework per semester;
2nd YEAR APPLICANTS:
Contingent on THECB funding availability, in order to be eligible to receive a 2nd year scholarship award (up to $2,500), applicants must have received a Texas STEM Challenge Scholarship in the previous academic year, and:
- Have maintained an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in college course work;
- Completed at least 80% of hours attempted each semester in the prior year (fall, spring, and summer);
- Completed at least 30 hours within the prior year (fall, spring, and/or summer); and
- Worked no more than an average of 15 hours per week in an internship, clinical or employment with a T-STEM business/industry partner during prior year.
2nd year T-STEM Scholarship applicants should contact the NVC T-STEM Liaison, Judy Camargo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Point of Contact:
NVC T-STEM Liaison: Judy Camargo – email@example.com
Scholarships are open to current and incoming students. Applications will be considered for eligibility and award disbursement in the order in which applications are received and all materials completed. Scholarships awards will be made until all funds are exhausted.
Contingent on continued THECB funding and adherence to eligibility requirements.