Construction Updates for Villaret Road Expansion
Pardon our dust: the City of San Antonio and Palo Alto College are working on widening West Villaret into a four-lane roadway. Campus entrances may be closed at various times to accommodate construction. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.
Tell me more about the project.
The project will transform the existing two-lane portion of West Villaret Boulveard from State Highway 16 to Jennifer Street into a four-lane roadway with a turn lane, bike lanes, sidewalks, and an improved drainage system. The project is made possible through donations from Palo Alto College, the City of San Antonio 2012-2017 Bond Program, San Antonio Water System, and CPS Energy.
How does this affect me?
West Villaret is currently a one-way street between State Highway 16 and Jennifer Street for eastbound traffic ONLY. Some entrances to campus will be closed throughout the project, so please allow additional time for your travel. Alternate routes are recommended to avoid any delays.
When will it be complete?
Construction along West Villaret began in April 2013 and is estimated to be complete in May 2014.
All closures listed below are subject to change.
Sept. 5 - Sept. 15 (click for map)
- Villaret is currently open for two-way traffic. However, the street may be closed intermittently. We highly recommend using alternate campus entrances at Jennifer Street and 410 access road.
Sept. 16, 2013 - Sept. 20 (click for map)
- Entrances along Villaret at Acequias and San Jose will be open and closed intermittently throughout the week. We highly recommend using alternate campus entrances at Jennifer Street and 410 access road.
Looking for an alternate route? Click here
for different ways to get onto campus while avoiding construction. The Jennifer Street and I-410 access road entrances will remain open.
Construction Updates for Chilled Water Tower
Pardon our dust: we're adding a chilled water tower on campus to help be more energy efficient. Certain areas on campus will be closed to accommodate construction. Construction should be complete in January 2014. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience.
Some of the key areas affected are listed below. Click here for a map of the area.
1) The sidewalk south of Guadalupe heading toward Brazos Hall and Sabine Hall will be closed. Please use the sidewalk along Alamo Street or near the Executive Offices to access the west half of campus.
2) VIA Trans pickup will be moved to Alamo Street, near the regular VIA bus stop.
3) Disabled and reserved parking spaces will be moved to Lot 1, located north of the Palomino Center.