Co-Listed Credit Classes
You could gain a skill by taking just a couple of courses. Or you could "get your feet wet" and decide if you want to seek a certificate or degree. It is possible through CO-LISTING. You sign up for the class with the non-credit side of the College, pay less tuition, and receive the high-quality instruction of academic faculty.
*Call for a listing of available co-listed classes.
What are Co-Listed Courses?
Co-listed courses are credit courses. Students enroll in the Corporate and Community Education (CCE) Division and are allowed the opportunity to participate in a credit course for non-credit. This collaboration allows non-credit students who would like to enhance their skills or learn something new in a particular discipline the opportunity to register in a credit course without entering into a credit degree plan.
Who is interested in Co-listed Classes?
- Degreed students seeking professional development.
- Life-long learners.
- Students seeking college experience.
Which academic courses can I take?
- Almost all subject courses are eligible to be co-listed. Each department chairperson and/ or lead instructor is given the right to allow students into a co-listed course within the department and/or discipline.
- Upper-level courses can be considered for co-listing on an individual basis. CCE will seek approval from the department chairperson and/or lead instructor as well.
How will I benefit?
- Enrolling as a co-listed student allows the student to enroll in a credit course to obtain the competencies of the course without entering into a credit degree plan.
- No THEA (testing) requirements.
- Normally no pre-requisite requirements.
- Reduced tuition and fees.
- Increased course offerings available to the student.
- Upon course completion, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion – only if the student has successfully completed 80% of the course requirements.
Students seeking to register in co-listing classes should be referred to the CE department for registration and individual assistance.
Contact Mary Ester Perez at 486-3407 for co-listed inquiries, Executive Offices Building Rm 100.