Nurse Aide in Healthcare (CNA)
NURA 1001 - Nurse Aide in Healthcare (CNA) (108 Hours)
This comprehensive program includes lecture and clinical components, and prepares students to achieve knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide safe care as entry-level nursing assistants to the residents of long term care facilities. Some of the topics include patient comfort and safety, range of motion for long term care residents, residents' rights, etc. This training program is licensed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
- Students must first apply and be accepted into the CNA program.
- Students must be free of communicable diseases and in suitable physical/emotional health to safely care for patients. Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must not currently be listed on the Texas Nurse Aide Registry in a revoked status.
- Students must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Students must be free of previous felony convictions, which will be confirmed via PreCheck Inc, a firm specializing in background checks for healthcare workers.
- Results will be directly reported to the Corporate & Community Education Department.
For a complete course list and schedule, click here.
Prerequisite: Background Check (www.precheck.com)
Hep B Shot series (Plan ahead! This shot series takes six months)
All 3 courses MUST be taken within the same session (All Day classes together or all Night classes together).
|NURA 1001 - Day
NURA 1060 - Day
NURA 2005 - Day
|5/29 - 6/18
6/19 - 7/2
8/5 - 8/6
|M-R/8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
M-R/8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
M-T/8 a.m.-5 p.m.
|NURA 1001 - Night
NURA 1060 - Night
NURA 2005 - Night
|5/29 - 7/9
7/10 - 7/30
8/26 - 8/27
|M-R/6 - 9 p.m.
M-R/6 - 10 p.m.
M-T/8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The following courses are held in Floresville:
|NURA 1001 - Floresville
NURA 1060 - Floresville
NURA 2005 - Floresville
|5/13 - 6/11
5/25 - 6/25
7/30 - 7/31
alternating Sats 6 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
T-W/8 a.m.-5 p.m.
To print this current Schedule, please click the link below.
CNA 2012 Fall Schedule
For program information, please call: (210) 486-3405