Library Research Certificate
The Library at Palo Alto College offers a program, called the LIBRARY RESEARCH CERTIFICATE, which serves as a tool for helping students do research and also serves as an additional method for faculty to encourage their students to stay enrolled and excel in their courses. Click here to take the online Library Research Certificate classes. For face to face classes, click here.
- Introduction to the Library - An introduction to the library, library resources and tips for starting research.
- Evaluation- How to evaluate print and electronic resources.
- Catalog & Ebooks - How to locate materials in the library and how to access library e-books.
- Databases - How to use a Periodical database to locate articles from magazines, journals, and newspapers.
- Using the Web- Using the web for research.
- MLA - Citing sources using MLA styles for a variety of sources.
- APA - Citing sources using APA styles for a variety of sources.
Please send comments to: Camille Fiorillo