Returning and transfer students or students who have already tested in Accuplacer will be administered the Accuplacer if testing is needed. Students enrolling in college for the first time who have not previously tested in Accuplacer within the past 3 years will be required to take the THEA IBT. The Assessment and Testing Center will review scores and transcripts to determine testing requirements.
Payment and Appointments
Once it’s been determine if you are eligible for Accuplacer you will need to pay and schedule an appointment.
- Payment is accepted through the Palo Alto College Virtual Business office
- Schedule an appointment at the Palo Alto College Testing Center Appointment Calendar
- Have the following information with you: your ACES Account, Banner Number, receipt number and portion of the test you will be taking
What to bring on your test date
- You will need to have a valid photo ID.
- You must have an application on file at one of the Alamo Colleges in order to test.
- In order to take the placement exam, you will need to know your Banner ID (Student ID). Please click on the following link to retrieve your Banner ID
- The exam fee of $29 for entire exam or $10 per section.
When can I retest?
- Your first retest may be after 2 weeks from initial test date.
- All retests, after the initial retest, will be 6 weeks.
- A $10 fee will be charged for each portion retaken.