Law Enforcement Training Academy
BECOME A POLICE OFFICER
- San Antonio College Law Enforcement Academy has entered its 44th year of operation as an Academy licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE).
- The Basic Peace Officer Course consists of 688 classroom hours of training.
- Successful completion of the course allows the cadet to sit for the state peace officer licensing exam.
- The Academy graduates over 250 Cadets each year.
- The Academy provides in-service classes for police officers already licensed and currently working.
- The Basic Peace Officer Academy is 11 Months long.
- The Academy consists of 4 Phases.
- Each Phase is 11 weeks long with a 2 week break between each Phase.
- Morning Classes are scheduled on Monday-Thursday from 9am-1pm.
- Evening Classes are scheduled on Monday-Thursday from 6pm-10pm.
- Weekend Classes are scheduled both Saturday and Sunday from 8am-5pm.
- Texas Public Education Grant Continuing Education pays 50 to 60 percent and is available through the San Antonio College Financial Aid Department.
- VA Benefits are also acceptable.
- Bacterial Meningitis vaccination is required for Cadets 21 years of age or younger.
- Cadets must have a minimum of a high school diploma from an accredited high school and be a U.S. Citizen.
For more information please call:
Application will be taken starting October 17th.
||All documents to include application, fingerprints, physical and psychological exams by our Medical team must be completed and approved by January 6, 2017 to enter the academy.
Before you begin registration, be aware that you might create academic holds if you create an account through Apply Texas. Please follow the steps on the application packet or give us a call if you have any questions.
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG)
TSI Exam Testing Information and hours
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement