About the Honors Academy Program
- The SAC Honors Academy offers college courses in core subjects that every student will need for a bachelor's degree in Texas.
- Dedicated professors and advisors work one-on-one with students and guide them through academic, transfer and career goals.
- Honors Academy students receive a first-rate college experience during their first two years at a fraction of the cost of a four-year college or university.
The Honors Academy provides the following:
- Faculty Mentor
- Access to Honors Academy Center
- Early registration to secure the right classes at the most convenient times.
- Transfer, scholarship and financial aid workshops
- Professor-lead study sessions
- Tutoring from peer mentors
- Field trips
- Guest speakers
The Honors Academy is open to high school graduates and college freshmen with less than 15 credits. High school graduates must have a minimum of 3.25 GPA and college placement scores at college level in reading and writing. High school graduates not meeting the minimum GPA may qualify through an application essay and interview.
More information about placement exams and interpreting exam scores can be found at alamo.edu/sac/admissions, click on "Testing Center", or call (210) 486-0444.
San Antonio College Honors Academy
Chance Academic Center-CAC 122
1819 Main Avenue
San Antonio, TX 78212
Phone: (210) 486-1100