LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship - deadline extended
Update (7-18): Applications are still being accepted. Apply today!
Apply now for LULAC
Parent / Child Scholarship with Alamo Colleges
The San Antonio College Women’s Center is now accepting
applications for the 2013-2014 LULAC Parent/Child Scholarship Program.
A $1,000 scholarship
provided over four consecutive semesters for the parent.
Once the parent completes his/her education objective, the
child is entitled to a two-year scholarship to attend San Antonio College or
any of the Alamo Colleges upon graduation from high school.
Eligible applicants must:
• Be the parent of only one child, age 6 years or younger
• Have no more than 30 college level earned hours (not
counting remedial courses)
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Have completed a parenting program in high school or four
clock hours of parenting at a community site (documentation required)
• Have completed and submitted a Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form by May 1, 2013 (priority processing)
• Enroll for Fall 2013 at one of the Alamo Colleges: San
Antonio College, St. Philip’s College, Palo Alto College, Northwest Vista
College and Northeast Lakeview College
• Interview with the scholarship committee
• Complete the application and forms available at
San Antonio College
1300 San Pedro Ave., 78212
(building at W. Evergreen and Howard)
SAC Women’s Center, 210-486-0455
Bertha Castellanos, email@example.com.
Parent/Child Scholarship Program, honored in 2007 with the prestigious STAR
Award by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, seeks to ensure the
educational success of two generations by providing support, assistance and
incentives for parents to successfully complete their educational objectives.