About the Center of Excellence for Science
This Center of Excellence (COE) is a cooperative effort based on community outreach, business and workforce partnerships, university transfer, college prep, and teacher professional development programs. Our center is a response to workforce needs for trained workers for high paying careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
STEM Academic Departments and Concentrations
Health Sciences Mathematics
Applied Electrical and Mechanical Technology Business Information Solutions
Aircraft, Construction & Manufacturing Natural Sciences
Scholarships & Career Development
- Special Projects Club is seeking new members to join their organization to assist in building, Tiger 1, an electric car project. The club is seeking students with skills in engineering, mechanics, and data analysis. They are also seeking assistance with public relations, management, fundraising and networking.
- Student Engagement Grant is offered to students who are interested in joining the Centers of Excellence in their efforts to expanding STEM college and career awareness.
- Fastweb: High seniors and current college students
- Women Breaking Through (Saturday, Oct 8, 2016). WBT is an annual conference for teenage girls who are interested in pursuing academic and professional careers in STEM. REGISTER HERE
- CORE 4 STEM Family Day (Nov 5, 2016). The event is coordinated to inspire 6-9 grade students and their families pursue STEM degrees and careers.
- STEM Symposium (Dec 1, 2017). This symposium is a single element in establishing a robust, sustainable framework for communicating the needs and interests of the greater San Antonio area.
- GreenEnergy and Engineering Day (Feb 26,2017). The Centers host engaging STEM activities for fifth through twelfth grade students.
- Science and Math Summer Academy (July 8-26, 2017). SAMSA offers 11-15 year old students the opportunity to see math and science in action.
Research Internship Opportunities
Please click on the links below to learn the latest developments for each of these opportunities.
- Campus to Careers - The National Council for Science and the Environment Clearinghouse enables students to search for environmental internships.