About the Center of Excellence for Science
This Center of Excellence (COE) is a cooperative effort based on community outreach, business and workforce partnerships, university transfer, college prep, and teacher professional development programs. Our center is a response to workforce needs for trained workers for high paying careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
STEM Academic Departments and Concentrations
Health Sciences Mathematics
Applied Electrical and Mechanical Technology Business Information Solutions
Aircraft, Construction & Manufacturing Natural Sciences
Scholarships & Career Development
- Student Engagement Grant is a student opportunity to assist the COE Science with its stakeholder engagement activities. Awardees will work in various activities such as research, outreach and public relations.
- T-STEM Challenge Scholarship Over 70 scholarships to be awarded for STEM declared students. Eligible concentrations. Fall deadline -- September 13, 2015
- Special Projects Club is seeking new members to join their organization to assist in building, Tiger 1, an electric car project. The club is seeking students with skills in engineering, mechanics, and data analysis. They are also seeking assistance with public relations, management, fundraising and networking.
- Fastweb: High seniors and current college students
- Women Breaking Through (Oct 11, 2015). WBT is an annual conference for teenage girls who are interested in pursuing academic and professional careers in STEM.
- CORE4 Family Day (Nov 14, 2015). This event is coordinated to inspire 6th -9th grade students and their families to pursue STEM degrees and careers.
- STEM Symposium (Dec 3, 2015). This symposium is a single element in establishing a robust, sustainable framework for communicating the needs and interests of the greater San Antonio area.
- GreenEnergy and Engineering Day (Feb 23,2016). The Centers host engaging STEM activities for fifth through twelfth grade students.
- Science and Math Summer Academy (July 2016). SAMSA offers 11-15 year old students the opportunity to see math and science in action.
Research Internship Opportunities
Please click on the links below to learn the latest developments for each of these opportunities.
- Campus to Careers - The National Council for Science and the Environment Clearinghouse enables students to search for environmental internships.