About the Center of Excellence for Science
This Center of Excellence (COE) is a cooperative effort based on community outreach, business and workforce partnerships, university transfer, college prep, and teacher professional development programs. Our center is a response to workforce needs for trained workers for high paying careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
STEM Academic Departments and Degrees
Allied Health Mathematics
Applied Electrical and Mechanical Technology Business Information Solutions
Aircraft, Construction & Manufacturing Natural Sciences
Scholarships & Career Development
- CORE4 Family Day (Nov 2014). This event is coordinated to inspire 6th -9th grade students and their families to pursue STEM degrees and careers.
- STEM Symposium (Dec, 2014). This symposium is a single element in establishing a robust, sustainable framework for communicating the needs and interests of the greater San Antonio area.
- GreenEnergy and Engineering Day (Feb 2015). The Centers host engaging STEM activities for fifth through twelfth grade students.
- Summer Robotics Camp, (Year round). Our robotics camp is for 4th-8th grade students to learn programming, construction and basic principles of robotics with a focus on competition.
- Science and Math Summer Academy (July 2015). SAMSA offers 11-15 year old students the opportunity to see math and science in action.
- Women Breaking Through (Oct 11, 2015). WBT is an annual conference for teenage girls who are interested in pursuing academic and professional careers in STEM. Registration Form.
Research Internship Opportunities
Please click on the links below to learn the latest developments for each of these opportunities.
Marketing Materials Gallery (Coming Soon)
Degree Posters Booklets/Brochures Videos