About the Center of Excellence for Science
This Center of Excellence (COE) is a cooperative effort based on community outreach, business and workforce partnerships, university transfer, college prep, and teacher professional development programs. Our center is a response to workforce needs for trained workers for high paying careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
STEM Academic Departments and Concentrations
Health Sciences Mathematics
Applied Electrical and Mechanical Technology Business Information Solutions
Aircraft, Construction & Manufacturing Natural Sciences
Scholarships & Career Development
- Special Projects Club is seeking new members to join their organization to assist in building, Tiger 1, an electric car project. The club is seeking students with skills in engineering, mechanics, and data analysis. They are also seeking assistance with public relations, management, fundraising and networking.
- Department of Energy Internship: This program will run for approximately 10 weeks during the summer and will be performed at one of the DOE national laboratories. Interns will complete research projects aligned with ongoing DOE efforts.
- Fastweb: High seniors and current college students
- GreenEnergy and Engineering Day (Feb 26,2016). The Centers host engaging STEM activities for fifth through twelfth grade students.
- Science and Math Summer Academy (July 8-26, 2016). SAMSA offers 11-15 year old students the opportunity to see math and science in action. Student Application. College students are also PAID to participate in the activity.
- Women Breaking Through (Oct 2016). WBT is an annual conference for teenage girls who are interested in pursuing academic and professional careers in STEM.
- CORE4 Family Day (Nov 2016). This event is coordinated to inspire 6th -9th grade students and their families to pursue STEM degrees and careers.
- STEM Symposium (Dec, 2016). This symposium is a single element in establishing a robust, sustainable framework for communicating the needs and interests of the greater San Antonio area.
Research Internship Opportunities
Please click on the links below to learn the latest developments for each of these opportunities.
- Campus to Careers - The National Council for Science and the Environment Clearinghouse enables students to search for environmental internships.