|IF YOU ARE:
COMPLETE CHECKLIST BELOW
- A student who has completed previous college work at a college or university, including the Community College of the Air Force, and plan to attend the Alamo Colleges
- Fall / Spring Transient student enrolled in a college/university who intends to take courses at the Alamo Colleges for only one semester
- Go to http://www.alamo.edu/AlamoENROLL/
- Click on ‘Former Student’
- Click on ‘Ready, Set, Apply to complete and submit your online admissions application, valid email is required)
Once application is processed you will receive 2 emails – One from ApplyTexas and three from Alamo Colleges. The first Alamo Colleges email will include instructions and information for ACES and AlamoENROLL Start Here tab.
Please allow 4-5 business days for application processing. Applications will NOT be processed until official transcripts are received.
For assistance with AlamoEnroll, please visit:
MLK Campus: Norris Technical Building (NTB) #305
SW Campus: Building 1 #B172 (Career and Transfer)
|APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
FINANCING YOUR FUTURE
- Financial Aid requires a Social Security number on the ApplyTexas application
- Complete your Free Online Financial Aid Application at: fafsa.ed.gov/
- Please consult Alamo.edu/district/financial-aid for Priority and Processing Guarantee Dates.
SPC Federal School Code: 003608
Process time for financial aid application is 4-6 weeks
IMPORTANT: Financial aid does not pay for Northeast Lakeview College courses. During the accreditation period, NLC cannot participate in federal/state financial aid programs. This does not apply to students who register as San Antonio College students and attend SAC courses taught at NLC campus.
|SUBMIT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS
- Submit an official transcript from your last college or university attended. In order to ensure all previous coursework is posted, submit all transcripts to the Admissions/Enrollment office:
St. Philip's College
Records and Registration – Room 203
1801 Martin Luther King Dr. San Antonio, TX 78203
- Courses in progress at another college/university must be submitted once final grades are posted. Transcripts must be official and received in their original sealed envelopes
- Students who are placed on Academic Dismissal/Suspension at their previous institutions and are seeking to transfer to the Alamo Colleges must follow the policies outlined in the Academic/Dismissal Procedure
- Official Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts fulfills the last college attended admissions requirement
- Transfer credit from foreign institutions require an official transcript evaluation by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
Some evaluation services require translation from a specific translation service
|BACTERIAL MENINGITIS VACCINATION
- Texas state law requires entering students less than 22 yrs. of age show evidence of receiving a bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster dose during the five year period prior to enrollment.
- The law allows for few exceptions. You may obtain additional information at: http://www.alamo.edu/meningitis/
- Submit documents to the Admissions and Records office in the Welcome Center.
|LOGIN TO YOUR ACES ACCOUNT
- Once you have received your letter from Alamo Colleges with your ACES information go to https://aces.alamo.edu/ and click on how do I get my user name and password?
- Login to ACES and find the Start Here tab on top.
|COMPLETE ALAMO ENROLL REQUIREMENTS
- Login to ACES
- Click on START HERE tab
- Click on each ENROLL button to access the Go FAAAR and Test Prep modules to begin the AlamoENROLL Checklist
In order to test with Alamo Colleges you must complete the GO FAARR and TEST PREP Module
|TAKE THE TSI ASSESSMENT
For Testing information or to to see if you are exempt from testing, Click on the link below
St. Philip’s College
Welcome Center, 207B
ADVISING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Advising is recommended for general transfer students
- Academic Advising is required if you are entering with less than a 2.0 GPA with a Faculty Counselor
- Transfer credits from a previous college/university are accepted and must be submitted to the Records and Registration office as official transcripts in order to be posted for credit
Students on Academic Dismissal/Suspension must petition for admission with a Counselor/Advisor at least two weeks before the start of the semester
Center for Learning Resources CLR 1st floor
General Advising: MLK Campus – Welcome Center
SW Campus – Bldg. 1 B172
Transfer Advising or 2+2 Plans
Career & Transfer Center - Norris Technical Building, 305
|REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES using ACES
- This is done online through your ACES account. Students must be admitted for the requested semester and have no holds on their record in order to register for classes
- ACES LINK: https://aces.alamo.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
|PAY FOR CLASSES
- View your Account Summary through ACES (My Page Tab > My Account).
- Tuition bills will not be mailed.
- Payment Options
- Follow up on Financial Aid Award Status
- Make Installment payment
- Tuition payments via credit card or online check must be made online through your ACES account
- Cash payments can be made in person with the Bursar (Business) Office at the college.
Payment in full or by installments must be made by the payment deadlines or you will be dropped from your classes.
Please view the Registration/Payment Calendar at http://alamo.edu/calendars/ on the Alamo.edu homepage
*A transfer / transient fee is assessed for students transferring to the Alamo Colleges
|SMART START FIRST DAY COUNTS!
- There is a connection between attendance, classroom participation and good grades. Your first week of class, especially the first day provides you with important information for the rest of the semester.
- The Alamo Colleges requires regular and punctual attendance in all classes. Your absences are recorded immediately. If you DO NOT attend on the first day you will be DROPPED from class.