“A Point of Pride in the Community”
St. Philip's College Homecoming
You are invited to the annual St. Philip's College Homecoming celebration. Rekindle old relationships and build new connections for a strong and united college community by attending the homecoming festivities. Music, food and good 'ole SPC fun is scheduled every year. We want to share our college's day with you. Be sure to mark your calendar for the next SPC Homecoming celebration!
Purpose of Homecoming
The SPC Homecoming celebration provides an opportunity to rebuild the Alumni and Friends Association, cultivate community support and loyalty, promote the college's programs and services and enhance financial resources to support the educational mission of the College. An evening of friend-raising designed to engage alumni, students, faculty, staff, neighbors and affiliates to celebrate and reflect upon our heritage as a haven for education.
Homecoming Student Activities
The Department of Student Life is proud to announce a week long series of events leading to our Homecoming ceremony.
All are welcome to attend the following 2016 Homecoming events:
- Oct. 10 | 11 a.m.–1 p.m. | Pep-Rally and Lunch | Southwest Campus Cafetorium
- Oct. 10 | 11 a.m.–1 p.m. | Photo Wall #SPCHOMECOMING | Center for Learning Resources Breezeway
- Oct. 11 | All day | Throwback Tuesday-Please wear vintage or current SPC shirts!!!!
- Oct. 11 | 11 a.m.–1 p.m. | Homecoming Pep-Rally and Lunch | Courtyard
- Oct. 11 | 11 a.m.–1 p.m. | Photo Wall #SPCHOMECOMING | Southwest Campus Crossroads
- Oct. 12 | 10 a.m. | We Back the Blue Homecoming Photo and Royal Cake session | Southwest Campus Cafetorium
- Oct. 12 | Noon | We Back the Blue Homecoming Photo and Royal Cake session | Center for Learning Resources Breezeway
- Oct. 12 | 6 p.m.| Homecoming Basketball Game | Lady Tigers vs. Victoria College | Health and Fitness Center
- Oct. 12 | 8 p.m. | Homecoming Basketball Game | Tigers vs. Victoria College | Health and Fitness Center
- Oct. 13 | 6:30-9 p.m. | Step and Stroll Contest | Health & Fitness Center
Blue and White Dinner & Dance
Featuring: The Homecoming Court and crowning of Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's College
Date: Friday, October 14, 2016
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Location: Bowden Alumni Center (3rd Floor Sutton Learning Center)
Admission: The event is free and open to the public.
Vote for Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's
Attention SPC Students! Vote for this year's Homecoming Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's! Online voting will begin on October 3 through 5 p.m. on October 13. Students voting only.
2016 Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's
John Martin, Mr. St. Philip's and Jalisa Rivera, Ms. St. Philip's
- Percival Bragg and Nahima Alhabbas
- Sam Alvarado and Jessica Rodriguez
- Jadien Moreno and Veronica Villarreal