This 48-hour class studies medical terminology, word origin, structure, and application of medical terms. Students enrolled in the course will learn to define, pronounce, and spell medical terms as a result of learning to build and analyze terms through the introduction of prefixes, suffixes, root words, plurals, abbreviations and symbols. This class is ideal for:
- Nursing or Allied Health students looking to gain extra competence in this area
- Students who want a head start before applying for a Nursing or Allied program
- Individuals who need a refresher before re-entering the workforce in a medical related career field
- Currently employed medical staff members who seek formal training in medical terminology
- Students must be registered and paid at least 3 days before the first day of class.
- Are you a current SPC student receiving financial aid? You may be able to use your financial aid award to cover the cost of this course!
- IMPORTANT: If you are unable to attend class, you must notify us in advance of the class day so we can transfer your enrollment to another section. If you do NOT notify us of your absence in advance, you will forfeit any monies paid and will have to pay for the class again should you decide to re-enroll.
For questions on schedule please contact John Braxton (210) 486-2771