Secure the necessary skills and training to secure employment in the oil industry along with major-over-the road carriers by obtaining a Texas CDL in a matter of a few short weeks.
St. Philip’s College and SAGE Corporation have partnered together in order to offer a quality 156-clock hour training program designed to exceed the standard certification for entry level truck drivers. Students will learn Tractor Trailer vehicle systems, Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, and logs and legal topics pertaining to safe operations. Additional topics include cargo handling, hazardous materials and the vehicle pre-trip inspection and students will receive a defensive driving course. All qualified applicants must at least be 21 years of age, have the ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to meet Department of Transportation regulations and pass a DOT physical exam as well as meet the Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; Qualification of Drivers. Tuition includes books and lab fees.
- Tuition - $4,255
- DOT Physical - $85
- DOT Drug Screen - $55
- Motor Vehicle Report - $15
- CDL Permit - $11
- CDL License - $60
* Financial Aid may be available to qualified individuals. Eligibility is determined by the SPC Student Financial Services Office. The office is located in the Welcome Center Room 106. Call (210) 486-2600 for information or visit them at the Welcome Center Building, Room 106.
Start Dates of Upcoming Classes: (5 Weeks)
- June 15, 2015 - July 17, 2015 | CRN 40020
- June 29, 2015 - July 31, 2015 | CRN 40021
- July 13, 2015 - August 14, 2015 | CRN 40022
- July 27, 2015 - August 28, 2015 | CRN 40023
- August 10, 2015 - September 11, 2015 | CRN 40024
- August 24, 2015 - September 25, 2015 | CRN 40025
Weekday classes meet Monday-Friday from 8AM to 5PM. Classes start every two weeks
Next Weekend Class
July 18, 2015 - Class meet Saturday-Sunday from 8:00-5:00pm
Registration and program pre-requisite information can be obtained by visiting the Continuing Education Department at St. Philip’s College.
Pre-qualifications include the completion of a DOT physical exam, drug screen and motor vehicle report.