Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Instructure Canvas. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Respondus is available for both Windows and Mac.
Repondus LockDown Browser Installation
Brainfuse - 24/7 Online Tutoring
With Brainfuse, students experience online tutoring that is simple, fast and always available. Students connect to live educators from any computer that has Internet access, with no special software installation or equipment required. Students work one-on-one, in real-time with a tutor, communicating using a virtual whiteboard technology.
How to access Brainfuse in ACES:
Log in to ACES
Select "My Courses"
You will see it on the left side under "Student Resources"
In your Canvas Course:
Open your course
Click on the Brainfuse OnlineTutoring Link on the left-hand side.
Recent Federal legislation requires that all online courses have a system implemented to verify students in all courses. Alamo Colleges is committed to preserving the academic integrity of its courses and has implemented a unique technology from a company called Biometric Signature ID (BSI).
Protecting your security and preventing identity theft is very important. Please review these helpful tips and watch the video before creating your profile.
- Choose your input device (mouse, stylus, touchpad, touchscreen)
- If your are using your mouse, you will hold your left mouse button down and draw a password consisting of 3-4 numbers or letters that you choose.
- Do not use a cursive signature as most people cannot use their mouse effectively for this.
- Use a series of numbers or letters. Do not use slashes, hyphens, dots or one continuous line to create your secret code. The software will not accept these.
- Draw your password on the BioSig-ID™ screen three times to using your mouse, touchpad, touchscreen or stylus. You will also be asked to enroll in Click-ID™ to create a picture password.
- After you have created your BioSig-ID profile, you will be asked to verify your identity by drawing the same password you created during enrollment.
- The BioSig-ID software compares each verification attempt to your stored profile and determines whether the same person drew the password.
- This software provides enhanced security, because only you can draw your password the same way every time with a 99.97% accuracy.
- You may want to write down your password.
For tech support call (210) 485-0555 Option 4.
Play the video below to learn about the BioSig ID process. NOTE: If the video does not appear or will not play, check to see if your browser is blocking the content.
BioSig Video Link
Spring: New Student Orientation (SWC & SPC), January 15-16, 2015
Spring: Club Rush, January 28, 2015
Spring: Advising Day, March 18-19, 2015
Fall: New Student Orientation (SWC & SPC), August 20-21, 2015
Fall: Advising Day, September 16-17, 2015
Fall: Nation Distance Learning Week, 9-13, 2015
Spring: New Student Orientation (SWC & SPC), Jan 16-17, 2014
Spring: Advising Day, February 26-27, 2014
Fall: New Student Orientation (SWC & SPC), August 21-22, 2014
Fall: Club Rush, September 3, 2014
Fall: Nation Distance Learning Week, November 10-14, 2014
Spring: New Student Orientation Expo, January 16 & 18, 2013
Spring: Culturefest Distance Learning Booth, April 22, 2013
Fall: New Student Orientation Expo, August 22-23, 2013
Fall: Advising Day, September 18-19, 2013
Fall: Nation Distance Learning Week, November 11-15, 2013
Spring: New Student Orientation Expo (SWC & SPC), January 12-13, 2012
Spring: Culturefest Distance Learning Booth, April 26, 2012
Fall: New Student Orientation Expo (SWC & SPC), August 23-24, 2012
Fall: Club Rush, September 12, 2012
Fall: National Distance Learning Week, November 5-9, 2012