Skip to content

Welcome to ACES

Alamo Colleges Education Services is a secure portal connecting Faculty, Staff & Students to Academic Resources, Email, and other Online Resources.

Support Contacts: Helpdesk: 210-485-0555 | Weather Line: 210-485-0189


Login to ACES

Click Here to Login
For additional information, visit the Student Logins page.


St. Philip's College Library 

MLK Campus: (210) 486-2330
Location: Center for Learning Resources (CLR)

SWC Campus: (210) 486-7023
Location: Building 1-C123

Library Info  

The Veterans Affairs Office will assist any student who receives benefits under the Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP). Come by the Veterans Affairs Office to see how we can help you!

Veteran Benefit Programs

Students wishing to use Veterans benefits should seek guidance through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs or the Veteran Affairs office at the college. Alamo College Veteran Affairs staff will assist students by providing certification of courses transmitting such information to the Department of Veteran Affairs.

Veterans and dependents must declare a goal (follow and approved degree program) in order to be eligible to receive educational VA benefits. The VA will only pay for courses in the declared program and any exceptions require compliance with VA rules.

GI Bill:
The benefit is designed to help service members and eligible veterans cover the costs associated with getting an education or training. The GI Bill has several programs and each is administrated differently — depending on a person's eligibility and duty status.


Hazelwood Act Excemption

Students are exempt from payment of tuition and certain required fees at any school receiving support from the State of Texas.

Veterans may qualify for benefits under the Hazlewood Act if he/she:

  1. Student was a resident of Texas at the time of entry into the armed forces of the United States.1
  2. Student has participated in active military before the conclusion of the Korean War (no minimum number of active military duty days required), or served at least one hundred and eighty-one (181) days of active military duty since the conclusion of the Korean War.1
  3. Student has received an honorable discharge, a general discharge under honorable conditions, or an honorable release from active duty.1
  4. Student has resided in Texas at least twelve (12) months or otherwise meets state requirements for being considered a resident of Texas at the time of enrollment in a public institution of higher education in Texas.
  5. Student has attempted fewer that one hundred and fifty (150) credit hours of college courses since the fall of 1995 using the Hazlewood Exemption.
  6. Student has exhausted eligibility for federal veteran's educational benefits during the semester/term in which they are enrolled.2
  7. Student is not in default on any education loans made or guaranteed by the Federal Government or the State of Texas.
  8. Student is enrolled in an eligible program of study.

  • Notes:
  • 1 - These items verified by copy of veteran's initial DD Form 214, member 4.
  • 2 - Obtain letter by contacting the Veteran Affairs Regional Office: Muskogee, Oklahoma, 1 (888) 442-4551.
  • Additional:
  • Hazlewood Act benefits are also available to children of Texas service members who died while in military service, who are missing in action, prisoners of war, children of Texas veterans who died of a service connected disability, and children of members of the Texas National Guard or the Texas Air National Guard killed since January 1, 1946, while on active duty either in the service of Texas or the United States.

Note: Tuition and fees must be exempted no later than the census date of the enrollment period (normally the twelfth (12th) class day during the fall/spring semester).


Hazelwood Required Forms & Documents

Required Documents:
  1. Birth certificate or marriage license(if using dependent's benefits).
  2. Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. (See the Admissions Information section for more transcript information.)
  3. Documentation to support any life/work experience previously earned which may transfer for credit toward the certificate or degree plan sought.
Required Forms:
  • VA Form DD-214 - If separated from the military.
  • VA Form 1905 (Generated by the vocational rehabilitation counselor) - If using Chapter 31 benefits.

Additional forms may be found here, if necessary.


Helpful Contacts & Websites


Admissions Information

How to Apply:  Complete the Apply Texas application. Submit official GED scores, high school transcripts, or college transcripts to the Records and Registration office. Apply for Financial Aid. Submit THEA, ACCUPLACER, SAT, or ACT scores to the Testing Center office. Meet with an advisor, counselor, or faculty advisor. Register for classes via ACES.
Testing Information:
First Time In College students must take basic assessment tests in reading, writing and mathematics prior to being able to register for classes. See the Assessment Center if any of the following apply: Student has prior coursework from regionally accredited institutions. Student has SAT/ACT test scores within three (3) years of enrollment at the Alamo Colleges. Student has CLEP test results. Student has any other placement exam information from any previous institutions.
For additional testing information visit the Testing Center page.  Transcript Information:
Have your previous institution(s) send official transcripts and test scores to the following: St. Philip's College  Records/Transcripts 1801 Martin Luther King Dr. San Antonio, TX 78203
(Back to the Top)    

Installation Education Centers

Lackland Education Center  1500 Wurtsmith St., Bulding 5725 Lackland AFB, TX 78236 210-671-2895  Russell Gregg, Chief, Education & Training  Fort Sam Houston Education Center  2408 N. New Braunfels Ave., Building 2246 Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 210-221-1738  Carolyn E. Croft, Education Services Officer    Randolph Education Center  301 B. Street West, Building 208 Randolph AFB, TX 78150 210-652-5964  Laurie Murphy, Chief, Education & Training     (Back to the Top)    

Tuition Assistance & Financial Aid

Students can submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if they qualify for financial assistance. Also, student's can visit the Financial Aid office for additional information.  Tuition assistance (TA) is not submitted automatically. Students are responsible for submitting TA information to the college. Students should check their tuition account balance on ACES account to confirm payment. Tuition assistance authorizes payment for only the courses and specific semester dates listed on the student's TA. Any changes in enrollment should be reflected with a new TA request at GoArmyEd, or the student's Base Education office should be notified. Air Force Tuition Assistance:
Students must first have had an initial Tuition Assistance briefing by their Education Service Office. An appointment may be set up by contacting their Base Education office to discuss tuition assistance requirements and eligibility. A degree plan must be approved and on file (if seeking a degree other than CCAF) in order to receive TA. Active duty tuition assistance is approved through the student's assigned Education Service Office. Tuition assistance requests should be made online through the students Air Force Portal account at the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) website. Tuition Assistance Request Process:  Register for courses at the Alamo Colleges. Submit tuition assistance request. Print and submit a copy of the approved and digitally signed TA form to the Business Office for processing by the payment deadline.
Army Tuition Assistance:
Tuition assistance requests are made at GoArmyEd, a website for all Active Duty and Reserve military. Students must review the policies and procedures for requesting Army TA. Active Duty and Reserve TA overview can be viewed here.  Tuition Assistance Request Process:  Register for courses at the Alamo Colleges. Submit TA request at GoArmyEd, and upload the Alamo Colleges invoice and schedule as well as a signed degree plan from the Alamo Colleges. When email approval has been received, print the TA form from GoArmyEd. Submit a copy of approved and digitally signed TA forms to the Business Office at the college, or to the Alamo College representative on the student's installation for processing by the payment deadline.
Note: It is best practice to submit TA requests four to eight (4-8) weeks before the course start date.  Work Study Information:
Work study is available for military students enrolled full-time or 3/4 time and working on a college degree, vocational or professional program. Work study allowance is available under most education benefits programs (Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, and 1607). A student can't work more that twenty-five (25) times the number of weeks they are enrolled. For example: 25 time x 16 weeks = 400 hours. The following type of VA related work qualifies: VA paperwork at schools or VA offices. Outreach services under VA supervision. Work at VA medical facilities or National Cemetery System offices. Work with the Veterans counselor at any of the Texas Workforce Commission offices. Work at Department of Defense facilities related to education benefits under the GI Bill.
For additional work study information working with the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), contact 1 (888) 442-4551 - DVA in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Helpful Financial Aid Links:  FastWeb  Cash for Your Education  The Smart Student's Guide to Financial Aid  Pat Tillman Military Scholarship to support educational opportunities for veterans, active service members and their dependents. 
(Back to the Top)  

Contact Information

Javier Barrón

MLK Campus
Welcome Enrollment Center (WEC) 205

Phone Number:

Fax Number:

Military Transcripts