The Chancellor of the Alamo Colleges District located in San Antonio, Texas, invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice Chancellor for Academic Success.
The Alamo Colleges District includes Palo Alto College, Northwest Vista College, San Antonio College, St. Philip's College, and Northeast Lakeview College along with a number of off-campus locations throughout the San Antonio metropolitan area, serving a ten county region. We are one of the nation's largest post-secondary institutions, with a total enrollment of over 100,000 students.
The Alamo Colleges District provides an exciting opportunity to fulfill one's professional career goals in a progressive and stimulating environment. The colleges are located in the unique world renowned River City of Texas with a dynamic multi-cultural and diverse population. San Antonio, the nation's seventh-largest city, has a historical and culturally dynamic economy rapidly expanding from traditional military and service sectors into telecommunications, biomedical science, information technology and data security. Its inland rail port is a fast-growing transshipment point for trade between China and the U. S. through Mexico's Pacific coast. Its three major museums, local theater companies and several large venues draw national touring shows and events in art, theater and music. The San Antonio Spurs provide a focus for sports fans, families and civic pride and the Alamo is significant for its symbolic history. A moderate cost of living assures attractive options for home ownership.
The Alamo Colleges are all Hispanic Serving Institutions and one college is also recognized as a Historically Black College. We are Texas's largest provider of online post-secondary education. A vibrant international program brings an increasing global demand for our programs.
The successful candidate must be a person of proven integrity, with preferably a minimum of five years service as chief academic or student success officer and/or experience as a cabinet-level administrator preferably in a major, urban, multi-college or multi-campus community college district and an earned doctorate degree. Leadership experience should include a wide span of control, coupled with a high level of responsibility in a large, complex organization. The annual salary for this position is currently $215,656 with a 3% salary adjustment scheduled for January 2018.
In addition, the Vice Chancellor for Academic Success should have the following:
- Key senior team leader supporting colleagues and being supported to continuously improve student success.
- Student-centered leadership skills in fostering program development, program evaluation, and outcome assessment;
- An understanding of communities with high risk populations and a commitment to provide pathways into the colleges for vulnerable members of their communities;
- An understanding and appreciation of how faculty and student affairs staff work collaboratively to better serve the educational needs of students (e.g. learning communities, service learning, international education, etc.);
- A commitment to leading the district in developing effective P-16 initiatives;
- An ability to make effective decisions in a position that also requires working with others in a collaborative fashion;
- An understanding of the need to work collaboratively with the workforce education division of Alamo Colleges;
- An understanding of the importance of working collaboratively with various constituencies across the district, including the use of participatory leadership.
- Working knowledge of the use of and implementation of technology in the educational and administrative environment;
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain high ethical standards;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success in working with diverse groups in an institution built on diversity;
- Evidence of effective leadership in establishing a positive institutional presence and image in the community
The date after which applications are not guaranteed a review is
. For more information about this search, the Alamo Colleges District and the application process, please visit our website at
www.alamo.edu and click on "Vice Chancellor for Academic Success Search."
For information call Human Resources at 210-485-0843.
A Gold Hill Associates Assisted Search
Alamo Colleges is committed to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, or persons who have opposed discrimination or participated in any complaint process on campus or before a government agency.