2019-2020 Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship
The Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship is a 2-year scholarship at the Alamo Colleges District plus a 2-year scholarship at a partnering university.
Apply below if you:
- are a 2019 high school graduate from one of the following Independent School Districts: East Central, Edgewood, Harlandale, San Antonio, Somerset, South San Antonio, Southside, or Southwest,
- have a 3.0 GPA or higher,
- are a U.S. Citizen,
- are interested in earning a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields:
- Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Assurance & Cyber Security
- Information Systems or Cyber Security
- Nursing or Respiratory Care
Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship Application
Complete and submit the Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship Application.
After completing the foundation scholarship application, you will be given a Confirmation Number. You will need this confirmation number to complete the Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship Application.
Complete and submit the Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship Application.
Submit your high school transcripts to email@example.com.
The Harvey Najim Pathways Scholarship is a scholarship for students interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Respiratory Care, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Assurance & Cyber Security. The scholarship provides funding for tuition and fees for students to attend two years at the Alamo Colleges District followed by two years at Texas A&M University- San Antonio, UTSA’s College of Business, or UT Health San Antonio.
First-time in college students who are college ready with a 3.0 GPA and who graduated from high schools in the following school districts in Texas:
East Central ISD, Edgewood ISD, Harlandale ISD, San Antonio ISD, Somerset ISD, South San Antonio ISD, Southside ISD, or Southwest ISD.
The application opens on January 7, 2019, and closes March 31, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Scholarship recipients will receive up to $1,250 for fall semesters, $1,250 for spring semesters, and $500 for each summer up to two years with Alamo Colleges. In addition, recipients will receive up to $5,000 per year for up to two years at the partner university.
- maintain a 3.0 GPA,
- attend at least one half-day leadership seminar,
- attend an engagement event,
- secure an internship or job shadowing position between freshman and sophomore year,
- attend a reception or signing ceremony,
- and upon graduation, commit to work within the Alamo region: Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Medina or Wilson counties for a minimum of two years
Recipients can qualify for automatic acceptance into UT Health San Antonio’s School of Nursing if they meet the following requirements:
- receive a grade of “B” or higher in all required Math and Science courses,
- meet a minimum Math and Science requirement of 3.85 GPA, and minimum cumulative requirement of 3.85 GPA,
- and obtain a minimum of 85 on the TEAS exam during the admissions process.
Yes! You can still apply to the school of nursing if you are not automatically accepted. However, you will compete with other nursing school applicants.
While there aren’t scholarship requirements for the transfer to UTSA or Texas A&M University-San Antonio, students must meet transfer requirements as required by each school. For more information about UTSA’s transfer requirements, please visit their transfer page. For more information about transferring to Texas A&M University- San Antonio, please visit their transfer page.
Alamo Colleges Foundation Office of Institutional Advancement
1819 N. Main Ave.
Follow us on:
|Sheila Marlow Due