Assessment & Testing
What is the TSI Assessment?
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment is the only approved assessment instrument for all students attending a public college. The state mandated program is designed to help determine if the student is ready for college-level course work in the general areas of reading, writing, and mathematics.
The TSI Assessment minimum passing standards for college readiness are:
- Mathematics score 350,
- Reading score 351
- Writing score 340 and 4+ on essay or a score of less than 340, and an ABE Diagnostic level of at least 4, and an essay of at least 5.
Students who score below the cut scores are placed in the appropriate developmental course and will need to earn a "C" or better.
What is needed to take the TSI Assessment?
- Must have completed an ApplyTexas application for one of the Alamo Colleges
- Banner ID Number ( a Banner ID is generated from your Apply Texas application)
- Must have completed the GOFAAR and TESTPREP modules located in your ACES portal (Start Here Tab)
- A valid picture ID (State ID, Federal ID, Passport)
- TSI Fees - $32.00 for the full 3 test battery, and $12.00 for each partial section. We accept cash, electronic check, or credit card payment.
*Please pay for the exam at our testing center, testing fees are non-refundable. If payment has been made prior to the test day you will need to provide a printed receipt of payment.
The TSI Assessment is given at CTTC at the following times:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m.
Suggested Study Links: