I filled out my FAFSA but the college has not received it.
- Has it been more than 2-3 weeks processing time?
- Did you:
- Include the correct school code
- Review your SAR (Student Aid Report) to identify issues that need to be corrected
- Remember to sign your application
- Complete the ApplyTexas application for admissions
I received a message that my FAFSA was "rejected".
If you've received a message that your FAFSA is rejected, this means your application was rejected by the federal processor. Please check your SAR to identify any issues there might be with your application or follow up with a FAFSA representative.
FAFSA reported that I have a Bachelor's degree, but I don't.
This probably means you mistakenly reported on your FAFSA that you are a graduate student or already have a B.A. degree. Please go back to your FAFSA make the necessary correction.
What if I received notification that my citizenship cannot be verified?
Review the attached Citizenship Clarification Form for
a list of acceptable documentation to submit to the Office of Student Financial
Aid in order substantiate your citizenship. The process may take up to 4-6
weeks. Updates will be provided in your ACES portal.