The Texas Grant was established to assist recent high school graduates with financial need to attend college. Students who are eligible to participate after their initial year may continue to receive funds based on renewal eligibility for up to 5-years or 150 hours, whichever comes first.
Beginning Fall 2014, only Renewal awards are processed at Alamo Colleges.
- Complete 75% of all courses attempted
- 2.5 GPA
- 24 hours completed in previous academic year
- Apply for financial aid via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Undocumented students must submit a completed HB1403 packet.
- Have financial need
- Enroll in at least 9 credit hours per semester
- Not been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance