Client Services, a unit of Alamo Colleges ITS, includes the Helpdesk (Support Central), On-Site Technicians, Client Support Specialist, and Multimedia Specialist.
The goal of Client Services:
- To provide the highest quality computer, network, and telecommunications support to employees, staff and students of the Alamo Colleges.
- To foster a stable, service-oriented technology support environment through professional training and client-centered service.
The Client Services goals align with those of Alamo Colleges ITS to support the Alamo Colleges Mission and Strategies.
Client Support Specialist
- Develop and provide training of eLearning systems and other district-supported software for Alamo Colleges faculty and staff
- Provide Tier 2 support for eLearning systems/software
- Maintain the comprehensive Internet and Intranet Library Web sites
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies on Web site usage, security, and standards
- Assist in the implementation and administration of online programs and Web services
- Deploy, configure, and provide training of Web authoring tools and other software to Library staff while explaining and practicing Section 508 compliance standards
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair desktop computers (both hardware and software)
- Deploy operating systems and software in an enterprise environment
- Troubleshoot and maintain network connectivity